Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my surly and i am thinking about a new crank i like the one i got but i think i might be a might deranged ...:p any suggestions would be appreciated ...
already thought deeply about stems and handle bars ....

also any one know where to get good wood fenders ...gotta have some style :cool:

·
SSolo, on your left!
2,577 Posts
Sparticus said:
It's not wrong to be considering upgrades so soon, just expensive.

--Sparty
Yep...what stem(s) are you considering and why?

Saw some pics of some sweet bamboo fenders from the bike show awhile back but don't remember the brand.

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
laotsu42 said:
just got my surly and i am thinking about a new crank i like the one i got but i think i might be a might deranged ...:p any suggestions would be appreciated ...
already thought deeply about stems and handle bars ....

also any one know where to get good wood fenders ...gotta have some style :cool:
If I'm not mistaken a complete KM comes with a Mr Whirly, which is a pretty pricey crank. What do you intend to "upgrade" to?

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Stems and bars?
What is bothering you about the ones you have now?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
don't know... i see that the crank is pretty good ...i like the bike as it is but i guess it is the teenager in me (even though i turn 38 Monday) that wants to "bling " it up a little ...maybe i'll just get some fenders and some new bars (looking at wtb drop bars) and weigh (pun intended) my options ...:D been thinking about wheels too noticed that some of the folks who purchased the same bike replaced the rims ....who knows... gonna get some fenders for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.