Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of m571 xt cranks that I was going to install on my Chamuco. The middle ring is getting pretty worn and the BB is going to be a 73mm vs the 68mm that the cranks came from. Is it worth buying a new BB and ring for these (if so where is the best online retailer) or should I look at the new external BB cranks? The new LX are online for $161 all over. Are these stiff enough for a clyde at 235? Or should do I need to go XT? Thanks

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I'd got for a new ring & BB. Get a Deore steel middle ring (get lots more life outta it!) and a new BB, should be able to get both for under $50 shipped, or from the LBS.

I know aebike.com and bikeman.com carry the deore rings & every mailorder place should have the BB you need. jensonusa has a nice pricematch, if they carry the deore ring.

Hardline said:
I have a set of m571 xt cranks that I was going to install on my Chamuco. The middle ring is getting pretty worn and the BB is going to be a 73mm vs the 68mm that the cranks came from. Is it worth buying a new BB and ring for these (if so where is the best online retailer) or should I look at the new external BB cranks? The new LX are online for $161 all over. Are these stiff enough for a clyde at 235? Or should do I need to go XT? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.