Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Stinky Dee came with a Jr T. Is it worth upgrading to one or even both sides to HSCV versus the SSV?

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
konarider said:
So my Stinky Dee came with a Jr T. Is it worth upgrading to one or even both sides to HSCV versus the SSV?
Is the upgrade worth ~$250 more than the Jr. T? Yes.

Will it be worth it to you? Ride the fork and find out. If you know what a cartridge damper fork feels like, you'll feel the spiking. If you don't notice it, then you can ride it and keep your $250.

But IMO, cartridge damper Marz. forks absolutly blow away their ported dampers.

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
It was quite impressive on my '02 Jr.

konarider said:
Even though the '02 and '03 have different stanchions and legs, the innards are the exact same design and both have 7" of travel. I did both legs on my fork, and the difference was worth it. This fork becomes an entirely different animal. Riding through rock gardens and maintaining speed in just about any terrain was improved dramatically. It feels stupidly soft at rest when you're just standing over it and stroking the fork, but even at speed in rocky terrain, it soaks up just about everything. You can still steer the bike in these rock minefields rather than just hanging on to bars and hoping for the best.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
I say no.
I upgraded my Jr. T w/ one HSCV.
Man, what a HUGE difference.
I don't think financially it's worth it to go for two.
Might as well buy an 888, unless you're red5 or zedro, then you'd get a shiver/monster.

·
Registered
153 Posts
definately worth it if you want an upgrade in performance.

It is only necessary to do one side, it should run you about $100 for the parts and a bit on labor if you need someone to install em. the 04 super t's feel perfect and they only do one side HSCV. Save yourself some money and do one side and it'll dramatically improve the perfromance of your fork..

·
Rider of Bikes
224 Posts
I just ordered one HSCV cartridge for my jr T. I've been told that it'll make a great improvement, but I'll have to let you know. Essentially, one cartridge makes it an '04 Super T, and two would make it an '03 Super T.

·
Sure-Fire 'Lectric
91 Posts
I've got a Jr.T on my stab. If I find the need for the one cartridge upgrade, where do I get it?

thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
did you order through your LBS?

bikeboyjeff said:
I just ordered one HSCV cartridge for my jr T. I've been told that it'll make a great improvement, but I'll have to let you know. Essentially, one cartridge makes it an '04 Super T, and two would make it an '03 Super T.
What it run you?

·
Rider of Bikes
224 Posts
X-Vert said:
What it run you?
Yeah, my LBS called Marz, and ordered one up. The only problem is that they were currently out of stock, and expected more in two weeks. That was two weeks ago. Hopefully, it will be in soon. Anyway, I think it was something like $112 for one HSCV cartridge.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
padre said:
Might as well buy an 888, unless you're red5 or zedro, then you'd get a shiver/monster.
ahahahhahahahhahah...nailed it on the nead there...GJ...:D

oh and well...it depend on hoe much money you have to blow man...if u only have about 250 and cant sell ur jnr-t for enough to get say a 888r works (the new one) or some other good fork like s slider plus...then just get the upgrade...evaluate ur angel paper and then make ur decision...but believe me when i say it...a jnr-t is like a kmark shock when compared to a 888r the things are awesome...hence the reason there replacing red5s beloved monster and zedros shiver with em for 05...

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
BJ & Satans Helper (Padre)

BJ- said:
888r the things are awesome...hence the reason there replacing red5s beloved monster and zedros shiver with em for 05...
Satans Helper said:
Might as well buy an 888, unless you're red5 or zedro, then you'd get a shiver/monster
Funny how the two of you talk all kind of bs about how great the 888 is and neither of you owns one or have put any real ride time on one. Same goes for the Monster T, you want to talk shitt on it but don't own and have no ride time on one. Stick to things you know, Boxxers and Jr. T's. You both offer up opinions like you actually know what your talking about when the reality of the situation is the two of you together couldn't offer up even half the bike knowledge of myself let alone zedro. Don't get me wrong I have my faults, as some, even zedro himself, have pointed out from time to time. But at least I'm humble enough to admit my mistakes and accept the truth about the things I don't know.

The two of you are the prime example of great marketing at it's best. You don't even have to try something and you'll take the words of several people whom you've never met about how great product X is. Quite sad really. Enjoy your stay with the flock. All I can say is at least when I speak, I speak from experience.

·
Registered
305 Posts
do the upgrade!

I got thecartridge installed on the Jr. T that cam on my Stab and it has made a huge difference. It still sucks, though that I had to do this as Marz. dropped the rebound control on the 04 Jr. T's.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
red5 said:
Funny how the two of you talk all kind of bs about how great the 888 is and neither of you owns one or have put any real ride time on one. Same goes for the Monster T, you want to talk shitt on it but don't own and have no ride time on one. Stick to things you know, Boxxers and Jr. T's. You both offer up opinions like you actually know what your talking about when the reality of the situation is the two of you together couldn't offer up even half the bike knowledge of myself let alone zedro. Don't get me wrong I have my faults, as some, even zedro himself, have pointed out from time to time. But at least I'm humble enough to admit my mistakes and accept the truth about the things I don't know.

The two of you are the prime example of great marketing at it's best. You don't even have to try something and you'll take the words of several people whom you've never met about how great product X is. Quite sad really. Enjoy your stay with the flock. All I can say is at least when I speak, I speak from experience.
BJ/Satans Helper you just got Served by red5!!! It's on beotch! hahahahahah.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts