Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ride year round and I live in Southern Ohio. During the winter months of Dec., Jan., Feb.,I have never even considered not riding my Scalpel (it's an '07 3). I always look for the temperatures to drop below 32F and range between 32F and 15F. This temperature range insures the ground remains frozen firm and you are not causing damage to the trials by riding on them. I've got to believe you'll be fine riding in lower temperatures and I am sure your bike can stand the cold more than you. None of my bikes have ever had an issue with the cold. "Layer Up and Giddy Up"

Moe

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
It's not the carbon fiber, it's the resins used to bond them that would be a concern. However, look at all the severe duty carbon fiber sports equipment made to flex in cold conditions- skis, poles, windsurfing masts, bows(?)- I don't think it will be a problem. If it is, remember your lifetime warranty!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.