Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm trying to get started in mountain biking and have been looking at Giant's line of bikes. I am particularly interesed in the Faith 1. As I was searching the net I came accross a website that is selling this and other Giant bikes at ridiculous discounts. A Faith 1 can be had for $690.00. Is this too good to be true? I obviously don't want to waste my money and be suckered. Any info would be greatly appreciated. http://www.2011giantbikes.com/

Daniel

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most big bike companies only allow their bikes to be sold through authorized dealers. Any legit bike shop that lets you shop on their website will note that certain things can only be purchased at their retail store. So yep, too good to be true, sorry.

·
EDR
10,425 Posts
Iridethedirt said:
The best part of that website is at the very bottom it says "vibrator by catagory"
That's freak'n hilarious :thumbsup:

The first thing to ever check on unfamiliar sites is the 'contact us' or 'about us' links, followed by the return policy. Notice how this site does not list a phone# or address to contact them. Only a a box to submit your email questions to them. These type of sites may or may not be legit, but I gaurantee you one thing, if you ever need support from them you won't find any once they get your payment. OP, I'm not trying to lecture anyone, I just get the feeling you are young and still naive. These signs are all very, very common red flags when buying online. Buyer beware.

Cut and paste from their "return policy"...

If you feel not like our products,you can Free 365-Days Returns.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've seen a Faith go for $2000 new but 2 years old, then the same bike was sold for $900 the next year and the guy who bought it tried to sell it to me for $1000 a year later. I even saw the bike in the LBS that originally sold it. I even tested it when the last guy had it. If I wanted it ,only under a curcumstance like that would I have bought it otherwise yes its too good to be true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.