Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Many of us were accused of riding our sisters bike in the 90's because they were of an "open" frame design. If it's good enough for Missy Giove, then it's good enough for me.
lol I thought I was the only one that went through that.

It's kind of scarring to be all proud in riding your bike around the playground only for people to point out how it's a girl's bike.

So is one of the reasons in shopping for bikes for my kids while I'm willing to consider bikes marketed towards woman, I'm still kind of careful about color and any graphics on it.

From what I can tell most mountain bikes have similar design, in particular when it comes to the smaller frame sizes, where the woman's bike don't have that step through type of frame. They say that some woman's specific bikes have a shorter reach and makes it a bit better for shorter people, like kids. There's a thread on here about using a Specialized Myka for boys, I think this is it:

Anyways long story short, I don't think it's a big deal that OP is riding a woman's bike. I think when it comes to decent level mountain bikes, the people that would be able to tell won't really care because they know as long as it fits and you have a blast on it won't matter. And those are probably the type you'll see on trails more often. And the people that don't really ride won't know or be able to tell the difference anyways.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts