Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a ridiculous question, but I'll cut straight to the chase. I'm 15 years old and I just found out the bike I've taking out on trails and greenways is a women's bike. Is that generally acceptable in the mtb community or would it be frowned upon? Lol

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,371 Posts
Reactions: stripes

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,371 Posts
As long as you are not riding side saddle, it should be fine!
Yes but when passing others ridding side saddle is not only fine but also encouraged.

·
Registered
422 Posts
love it! this pink looks really wicked on that bike, which is the brands name?

and why should it even be an issue for a man to ride it, quite stupid this preconceived notion that "men use blue, women use pink", that a color supposedly dictates you gender and/or sexual orientation
It's a Salsa Timberjack, and you got straight to the point.

When I bought it, the salesperson said it was "Salmon". When I received the bike, it was pretty much pink. I ended up picking it, and I'll explain why.

In Brazil's (where I come from) government there's a minister who's a woman, and in one of her speeches she said that boys should wear blue, and girls should wear pink. So I accepted the bike and named it after the minister: "Delirium Damaris". Graphics are a homage to the belgian brewery, Delirium.

attachment.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's a Salsa Timberjack, and you got straight to the point.

When I bought it, the salesperson said it was "Salmon". When I received the bike, it was pretty much pink. I ended up picking it, and I'll explain why.

In Brazil's (where I come from) government there's a minister who's a woman, and in one of her speeches she said that boys should wear blue, and girls should wear pink. So I accepted the bike and named it after the minister: "Delirium Damaris". Graphics are a homage to the belgian brewery, Delirium.

View attachment 1923088
What is the meaning behind the pink elephant in the stick, @fmendes?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,744 Posts
My first 2 mountain bikes were pink, a Schwinn & a Klein.

It's just a color, for gawd's sake.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know this is a ridiculous question, but I'll cut straight to the chase. I'm 15 years old and I just found out the bike I've taking out on trails and greenways is a women's bike. Is that generally acceptable in the mtb community or would it be frowned upon? Lol
No such thing as a women's bike. There are bikes marketed towards women but nothing precludes a man from riding that bike. Males are females all share the same interface points with a bike. hands, fingers, feet, butt, legs. All that matters is if the bike fits you and you are comfortable riding it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts