Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it may just be me but it seems like the forums have been getting quieter or am i going crazier?

·
Now with 10% more!
407 Posts
Just wait till the tension from not riding as much builds up and the arguments start. AHHH winter on Mtbr.

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Da Dook said:
Just wait till the tension from not riding as much builds up and the arguments start. AHHH winter on Mtbr.
lol. i see your point ive done like 150 posts this weekend just cant get my self to go riding

·
Now with 10% more!
407 Posts
I had kinda noticed you have a post in about every thread I've looked at. Ehh, if you can't ride, might as well talk bikes. I pounded pavement for 2 hours today just to get out. It's not as fun as dirt but it works I guess.

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Da Dook said:
I had kinda noticed you have a post in about every thread I've looked at. Ehh, if you can't ride, might as well talk bikes. I pounded pavement for 2 hours today just to get out. It's not as fun as dirt but it works I guess.
my though exactly

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
My plan for dealing with winter:

1) Get some exercise. I bought new XC skis this winter and I'm getting my a$$ kicked by a younger, more skilled skiier. I've rented snow shoes and done some trail layout. I'm riding my bike on the trainer stand.

2) Get some work done around the house. Sitting in front of the TV makes me feel depressed.

3) Exercise some restraint on the computer. A personal goal for 2010 is to be more up front with my opinions without starting or contributing to pointless arguements. Relevant to that goal, I'm posting less on MTBR.

Walt

·
too cold to ride
1,130 Posts
Its too cold to ride and I don't want to see passion pics of dudes out west having a great time in temperate weather. I'll be in a bad mood until April.

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll ride in the snow not as often or as much though, its the only think keeping me sane

·
IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
730 Posts
i ride atleast every other day rain sleet hail snow!

its kind of nice having less people... less server is too busy BS

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
BigSharks said:
Its too cold to ride and I don't want to see passion pics of dudes out west having a great time in temperate weather. I'll be in a bad mood until April.
Southern California here......and it's raining, raining, raining right now....supposed to be like this for the next two weeks :madman:

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,955 Posts
OK, so it's raining in SoCal. So what? Stay off the trails and ride urban, commute, something! Sh**, RIDE!

4-5 days a week, I throw a leg over the bike and ride, even if it's just the 4-mile commuting RT. Oh -- and I cracked a bone in my ankle last month. Cost me 4 days off work, 4 days off the bike.

When it gets icy, I take the bus; when the snow's too deep, you'll see me at the bus stop. Other than that, the bike rolls out of the garage.

Our last snow was a real treat; started mid-afternoon, I didn't get off work until after dark, and had to drop off some mail. That was enough to double the route.

It was primeval -- I even posted about it. I don't think any ride I had in the last year was as REAL, as Zen-like, as true as that one. It was slow, it was messy, it was cold.

It was a RIDE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts