Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to buy a new frame, my XCE finally broke after 8 years. I purchased a burner frame and threw my fox r.c. on the burner which increased the travel to 4 inches. Dave Turner warns that if you have the custom 4" rockers installed not to add this shock or the seatstay will come in contact with the seat tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
mtber36 said:
Bet the guys on the Ellsworth board will have a field day with this! :)
[sarcasm]..............yeah, I mean.....I can't believe the frame barely outlasted the expected fatigue life of that material.....seriously![/sarcasm]:p

·
Motion activated
3,242 Posts
abar said:
Had to buy a new frame, my XCE finally broke after 8 years. I purchased a burner frame and threw my fox r.c. on the burner which increased the travel to 4 inches. Dave Turner warns that if you have the custom 4" rockers installed not to add this shock or the seatstay will come in contact with the seat tube.

When you get some miles on the Burner, I'd be interested to hear what you have to say in reguards to the XCE vs Burner. :)

Nice bike BTW.

You know that the one thing that sux about owning a Turner, if you do break it, there's nothing better to upgrade to. :p

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
So sad

Sorry for that un timely frame failure, it really is sad to see a great bike taken down in the winter of it's life like that.

Deepest Regrets

David Turner

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
abar said:
Eight years of trail lovin! Smiles every mile I bet!:D I see that was pre-gusset vintage, and still got some mad mileage.

Glad to see it all worked out so well, especially since you came to your senses and chose a RED frame to replace it with:p .

Cheers Gears and Beers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts