Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering for those of you Canadians who ship components down to the USA....

Does it really cost $20 to send a derailer from Ottawa to Washington state?
I also payed 100 to have a guy ship a fork from alberta and it took like almost 2 and half weeks to get here.

Is any of this legit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have shipped quite a few parts to the states in the past year (I live just outside Toronto), and prices vary a lot depending on how quick you want it. A derailleur can be shipped airmail for under $10, but it might take 2 weeks to show up. For $20, I would let the shipper know that you expect to arrive within 4-5 business days.

I know UPS prices have gone way up in the past year here. Last fall I shipped a complete bike to N.C. for about $130, and a year later it cost me almost $200.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
I just sent a frame, cranks, and hubs to Alberta from Virginia and it cost $37.00. And I sent it the slow way, otherwise it would have cost me $90 to ship it priority. Shipping prices are geting a bit silly.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
just don't use ups to ship anything expensive. they hit us for 40% of declared value if over $40. friggin retarded.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
thats not bad going from the states TO canada....

from what I'm understanding it would cost you more like $137 to ship the same thing from alberta to virginia.
Seriously? That is crazy! Why would it be so much to ship from Canada? I am guessing US customs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.