Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I use to remeber sending in my pedals for repairs and service when there was a defect in it and recieving it back within a week since I live in norcal and they are base in socal. Yet this time i sent in my smartys cause i was really having troubles with them and they offer to upgrade them for me to the candy c, but after sending them in three weeks later i still havent gotten them back:madman: . For me nopedal means no riding, which means three weeks of no riding:madman:. I called them about a week after sending them in and asked if they have gotten my pedals yet(to be sure it wasnt lost), and yes they said they had gotten it in and it was to be proccessed and sent back out to the next day. Well about another week past i called them again and they said they recievied it and it was gonna be processed the next day again, and finally now i cant even reach them on the phone. Everytime i call them and dial 0 for the operator after the lady has said all the hours of operation and stuff it say "this option is currently unavailable".:madman: I'm kinda getting furious now, so has anybody had better luck lately?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
So they upgraded you for free, and you're having a communication problem, and you have somehow concluded that their good customer service is gone?

Yeah, I hate when a company offers to upgrade my equipment at no cost. Bastards.

Next time you get in touch with them, ask to speak to a supervisor and get a real status of your pedals.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
nachomc said:
Yeah, I hate when a company offers to upgrade my equipment at no cost. Bastards.
Me, too. Specialized was supposed to send me a carbon fiber Enduro to replace the defective valve cap on my Rockhopper. This was 2 years ago, and I'm still waiting. :rolleyes:

Whatsamatta you? They offer to upgrade, but don't send him anything? What kind of a deal is that? Sheesh. Why so harsh?

fp

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well actually i had to pay 30 bucks for the upgrade, and its been three weeks now. if i had another pedal i could careless and wait it out but since my bike hasnt seen dirt in three weeks im getting alittle bit on the grumpy side.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
2clueless said:
well actually i had to pay 30 bucks for the upgrade, and its been three weeks now. if i had another pedal i could careless and wait it out but since my bike hasnt seen dirt in three weeks im getting alittle bit on the grumpy side.
I can sure understand that.

I have an extra pair of Candys you can borrow. PM me (I'm in NorCal, too)

fp

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thnx for the offer finch, but I couldnt . I'll just wait it out and also not to mention i'm leaving this weekend for cancun so i wont be riding this week as it is probally. If it doesnt show up by next week well thats gonna be a month and I'm gonna be in LA for some stuff so im just gonna drop by the laguna beach office and see whats going on in person.

·
Registered
258 Posts
A friend of mine had a pair of pink Candies that he bashed on a rock and destroyed the plastic. He called them and they said "yeah, we've had issues with the pink plastic, send the pedals in and we'll swap them for a different color". So he sends them in, waits a few weeks, and gets back one of his original pink candies, and a new piece of pink plastic for the other one. He called them up and they said "yeah, we fixed the issue with the plastic so you're good to go". Now even if this was true (which I doubt), how were they able to fix the plastic on the existing pink candie that he received back?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Dave In Florida said:
A friend of mine had a pair of pink Candies that he bashed on a rock and destroyed the plastic. He called them and they said "yeah, we've had issues with the pink plastic, send the pedals in and we'll swap them for a different color". So he sends them in, waits a few weeks, and gets back one of his original pink candies, and a new piece of pink plastic for the other one. He called them up and they said "yeah, we fixed the issue with the plastic so you're good to go". Now even if this was true (which I doubt), how were they able to fix the plastic on the existing pink candie that he received back?
It's a spray on invisble sheild! :p

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
actually,

I have been pretty happy with their customer service, I have a couple pairs of the chromoly eggbeaters, and after breaking or bending the wings, I simply called and sent them back in and they either replaced or repaired them for free.
Even though their website states a two year warranty, they asked for no purchase info or reciept, they simply asked me for my name and address, gave me an RMA, telling me to use the address on the web page.
I spent less than 5 buck in USMail, and they shipped them back via UPS, good as new.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well im complaining because the performance the customer service is showing this time is horrible, most of the time they would do what you said in a very short period of time. Yet this time its the exact opposite, i feel like im dealing with wally world right now

·
No Clue Crew
7,668 Posts
Not to overstate the obvious, but this illustrates why it's a good idea to have a backup set of pedals. You can pick up used CB pedals on this site or Craigslist all the time.
d

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
btadlock said:
I have been pretty happy with their customer service, I have a couple pairs of the chromoly eggbeaters, and after breaking or bending the wings, I simply called and sent them back in and they either replaced or repaired them for free.
Even though their website states a two year warranty, they asked for no purchase info or reciept, they simply asked me for my name and address, gave me an RMA, telling me to use the address on the web page.
I spent less than 5 buck in USMail, and they shipped them back via UPS, good as new.
Same here, 2 yr old candy c with 3 broken wings, no receipt, sent in on a Monday received back on a Friday, they replaced all the wings and bearings for free. This was like a month ago.

·
No Clue Crew
7,668 Posts
Well, Dave, you can take the comment to whatever illogical conclusion you wish. My point being, pedals (particularly Crank Bros.) get dinged up and broken fairly regularly and are relatively cheap to have a second pair lying around.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had to contact CB service dep't. for replacement bearings and cleats once and they got right on it, but that was three years ago. One thing I liked back then is that I talked to a real live person on the phone and wasn't sent through a bunch of menu options first. I don't know how they would be now.

Smokey

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
I sent in a pair of Mallet M's about 1 1/2 months ago (broken wing). I'm in Norcal too....they first told me it would be maybe 2 weeks....fine. I figure 2-3 days shipping each way......4-5 days processing/fixing, etc. I had an extra pair of Candy's so I wasn't in too much of a rush.

They fixed the broken pedal, rebuilt the 2nd one and sent it out next day. Total turnaround time, 6 business days. They asked me for the receipt, told them I didn't have it, but that I bought it about 2 years prior. They said it was fine...just send it in.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea, well i got a very humorous response from Crank Brothers today. I called them today and finally was able to reach them over the phone, guess they decided to fix it or something. Any ways the first guy i talked to said it was shipped out on the June 27 and that it should arrive today so i was okay with that. Then I checked my email and someone from CB responded to my email saying it was sent out on June 30th, now i was like huh??? So I called back again to ask for a tracking number and the next guy i talked to said it was shipped out and return back to CB and they missed it so it was gonna be shipped out again today. Yea, I found that kinda funny just trying to figure out now weather or not it was ever shipped out in the first place. Oh well if i see my pedals when i come back from this weekend I'll be happy.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Get a repair kit for really cheap, and then unscrew one piece on the end of the spindle, and in 3-4 minutes you can fix and clean and repair it yourself.

CB's pedals are failry simple, and are very easy to overhaul yourself. You can clean and lube what you have, or you can get a kit to change parts out.

Beats waiting for someone else to do the same thing for a long period of time. Kits are pretty cheap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.