Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to be in Durango this weekend. Trails on the front range are starting to clear up, hoping it's the same on the western slope.

·
Registered
684 Posts
No, not even close. Weeks or months(?) away for that one.

Horse Gulch trail system in town is in good shape. And, some of the other town systems have some dry spots and some not-dry spots.
That's about it.

Phil's World is in good shape over in Cortez.

·
Registered
402 Posts
As mentioned above, it will likely be mid June at a minimum, possibly July for the areas that don’t get afternoon sun. The snow line is is still below 8,000 feet with a couple of more inches coming this week above 9,000 feet.

I’ve seen a few people coming and going on the Hogsback area trails already, but there are still patches of snow and lots of mud. Alien trail in Aztec is good, though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Any recommendations for a good 4-6 hour road ride?
Leave Durango via CR 240, ride out and back up to Vallecito Reservoir, down CR 501 to Bayfield, continue on CR521 to Ignacio, take CR110 to Hwy 550, cross highway to get to CR213 and ride back to Durango. Should take about 6 hours.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'm going to hit that up tomorrow, probably skip the reservoir, and it'll be at about 70 miles. It is much less climbing then I'm used to, so if it's not windy maybe I'll head up and check it out.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Don't forget Sand Canyon west of Cortez.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts