Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go up to Cobb, and just hoping I can get a ride in. Just a little snow is ok, I presume.

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
I rode it today, some of the trails are ok, but the roads are very wet and there are quite a few branches in the trail and a number of trees down. only a little snow on the upper trails, and creek trail. I counted five trees down on my ride, three on creek trail alone. have fun, its sloppy!

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cap'n & Burpp. Yeah, it seems that at Boggs the singletrack usually holds up better than the dirt roads. But wow, that's a lot of trees down. Thankfully, none fell on our house. :p I'll report on how it goes!

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
Cobb was a war zone for about two weeks with those storms we had, I plan on walking some trails next week with a pair of clippers and maybe a small shovel. If you guys do come up to ride, do it softly.
I'll keep you'all up to date.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Captain Cobb said:
Cobb was a war zone for about two weeks with those storms we had, I plan on walking some trails next week with a pair of clippers and maybe a small shovel. If you guys do come up to ride, do it softly.
I'll keep you'all up to date.
Good to know... we'll be careful of the trail. My husband has a folding saw so we can do some clearing of at least some smaller sized trees/branches.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The trails were tacky and sweet yesterday (Sat), but there were a ton of trees down. My husband cut about 12-13 of them, clearing the smaller ones out of the way. There was cleared 1 on Hobergs loop, 1 on Karens, 1 on Scout, about 3-4 on Grizzly, 4-5 on creek trail. There was one on creek that was too big to clear, and one on lower Hobergs that was too big for a small folding saw.

The weather forecast is for rain from today, all week long, next weekend, and the following Monday. :(

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
shredchic said:
The trails were tacky and sweet yesterday (Sat), but there were a ton of trees down. My husband cut about 12-13 of them, clearing the smaller ones out of the way. There was cleared 1 on Hobergs loop, 1 on Karens, 1 on Scout, about 3-4 on Grizzly, 4-5 on creek trail. There was one on creek that was too big to clear, and one on lower Hobergs that was too big for a small folding saw.

The weather forecast is for rain from today, all week long, next weekend, and the following Monday. :(
Nice work you guys! I look forward to this coming week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.