Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bon Vie
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is Blue........(the new) Bling

Okay, so it doesn't have the pimpness of gold. But it sure looks damn pretty. :cool:

peace

BTW, the Salsa skewers are for my other set of wheels and they match the CK perfectly :D
 

Attachments

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
Joined
·
785 Posts
I think it works great. How did your Hope QR seat post clamp go on? I hear they are extremely snug. That's a 31.8 right?
 

·
Full Monty Bike Bore
Joined
·
483 Posts
ABQDave said:
I think it works great. How did your Hope QR seat post clamp go on? I hear they are extremely snug. That's a 31.8 right?
Mine went on just fine, it ain't a loose fit tho ;)

I'm fairly fond of blue accents too.
 

·
Bon Vie
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ABQDave said:
I think it works great. How did your Hope QR seat post clamp go on? I hear they are extremely snug. That's a 31.8 right?
Yes it is and no probs with the fit of either the seatpost clamp or the skewers.

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
Dude - You're killing me

PoKev - In an effort to build a somewhat unique 5 spot I have been patiently waiting for over 2 mo's on my frame. And now you have gone and beat me to the punch. Same frame color with blue bling.

I look forward to eventually posting some pics.

At least you have good taste

C
 

·
Lay off the Levers
Joined
·
10,127 Posts
Thankyou very much, but I'll have you know mine are the perfect shade of... what the hell am I even replying to this for?

That Jagwire stuff looks like just the thing I need. Anyone know if the spit interlock kind stay put? Will they work on all kinds of housings (narrow XTR SIS) or only JW stuff?
 

·
Bon Vie
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bikezilla said:
Thankyou very much, but I'll have you know mine are the perfect shade of... what the hell am I even replying to this for?

That Jagwire stuff looks like just the thing I need. Anyone know if the spit interlock kind stay put? Will they work on all kinds of housings (narrow XTR SIS) or only JW stuff?
Zilla, I have the Tube top 3G (the split types). Yes they do stay in place. Only really move around during cleaning. One of the best protective purchases I've made.

peace...........
 

·
Bon Vie
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CalEpic said:
PoKev - In an effort to build a somewhat unique 5 spot I have been patiently waiting for over 2 mo's on my frame. And now you have gone and beat me to the punch. Same frame color with blue bling.

I look forward to eventually posting some pics.

At least you have good taste

C
Thanks Cal, had it painted by Olympic Powdercating (folks that paint the Turners) back during the winter. Originally started as silver. I too wanted white when I purchased the 5 Spot last year, however, it wasn't offered. When I learned about Olympic it was simply a matter of time before the repaint was done. Quick turnaroung there also.

peace
 

·
Bon Vie
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CalEpic said:
PoKev - In an effort to build a somewhat unique 5 spot I have been patiently waiting for over 2 mo's on my frame. And now you have gone and beat me to the punch. Same frame color with blue bling.

I look forward to eventually posting some pics.

At least you have good taste

C
Found the old thread that shows stages of the rebuild after the repainting. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=56776

Also here are a couple of recent pics.

cheers...........
 

Attachments

·
Sponsored by Xanax
Joined
·
358 Posts
NICE, Kev. Nice ride shots too. Hmmm, my Burner is already blue and I have a CK orange headset so finding orange bling is not so easy---in fact it's not gonna happen with Hope or Salsa. Maybe I'll alternate to another color that works with both blue/orange, like green? My old XTR skewers and the stock seatpost clamp are making my UGI tingle.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top