Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is Blackagness funny? How is he funny? Funny like a clown?

I wrote this to my spy in Alabama, after sending him BA's avatar photo wearing his white hat and white suit (he apparently actually rides in this Tom Wolfe outift) ,

" One of my goals-to meet Blackagness on the trails. Is he funny in person and not just behind a keyboard?" Anyone can use dozens of icons for a quick laugh. Maybe not everyone.

https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/eek6.gif
:eekster:

The secret report back to me,

"Black Agness is an extremely cool and funny guy and also one hell of a rider. I see him about every other week. One day he started riding at about 8:30am. I ran across him at about 3:00pm still riding trying to set his new fork right."

The legend continues.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have gotten to ride with him several times when he was visiting his girlfriend in Atlanta. His girlfriend is a unbelievable trail runner who actually passed me when I was riding my bike. It was a strange feeling when I saw her running in the distance behind me, gaining on me, and after realizing that there wasn't any downhills ahead that I was about to get smoked by a runner. BA is a very nice guy and a strong rider, I have taken him up for some of the North Georgia trails, but we really need to get him to Pisgah so he can experience mountain biking the way it was meant to be.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
BA "The Man, The Myth, The Legend

:D One thing about him. He is obsessed with all things Titus and mountain biking. :thumbsup: He'll start early in the morning and ride all day just to get his fork dialled in. I see him all the time on the trails. He is one "riding mofo":crazy: I could never keep up with him. He'll ride the local loop just for sh*ts and giggles. (17 miles) Great guy!!! Ya'll should come down south and ride with him!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I heard he smells funny... Does that count???

In all honesty, I ride with BA about once every other week.. We both ride all the time, but have completely different riding schedules. He is a great guy and obviously obsessed with his ML. I would know, as I am his personal mechanic...

He does, however, make some of the most random comments while riding that would make a dead man feel all warm inside... Gotta love the non-politically correct comments on the trail...

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Your Killing Me Bob!!!

You people are all nuts! Dirthog that was so funny, but I should also say that my GF was a full scholrship runner in track and field at a majore university, and was also on the US national cross country team.... and everybody knows Dirthog hates to climb, but he's one heck of a descender:thumbsup: . As for somethingClever I'm as lost to whatever he's talking about as yall are. :eek:ut:

And Eddie you better help me out and let me borrow that Sturdy! My brotha. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
I wrote this to a spy in Alabama, after sending him his avatar photo with him wearing his white hat and white suit (he apparently actually rides in this Tom Wolfe outift) ,
" One of my goals-to meet Blackagness on the trails. Is he funny in person and not just behind a keyboard?" Anyone can use dozens of icons for a quick laugh. Maybe not everyone.

https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/eek6.gif
:eekster:

The secret report back to me,

"Black Agness is an extremely cool and funny guy and also one hell of a rider. I see him about every other week. One day he started riding at about 8:30am. I ran across him at about 3:00pm still riding trying to set his new fork right."

The legend continues.
Get a room.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Are you going to Oak Mtn today? I'll be there and I'll bring the tires (Sturdy's). Maybe I'll run across you on the trails. I'll leave Gardendale about 1pm and park at the south trailhead. If I'm not there my wife will be. Look for a silver Navigator with rack on back. Just tell her who you are. (YOU can't miss her, Oriental, 5'0" tiny) She'll give em to ya

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
BA love

BA wasn't on the trails today. (Oak Mountain) I looked for him to give him a set of Sturdy's to try on his ML. But I still had a sweet ride, then the rain set in. He has got to either be working or out riding another trail. Contrary to what everyone believes he does not ride ALL THE TIME. He does have a job ;) Although he probably commutes on his ML through the woods to get there:skep:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I thought of the classic Goodfellas line when I read the title of your thread . . modified slightly.

You mean-lemme understand this, cause I don't know maybe it's me, But,BAs funny how? Funny like a clown? He amuses you? He makes you laugh? he is here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny? Funny how? How is he funny?"

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Yeah!!!

JTBAZ said:
I thought of the classic Goodfellas line when I read the title of your thread . . modified slightly.

You mean-lemme understand this, cause I don't know maybe it's me, But,BAs funny how? Funny like a clown? He amuses you? He makes you laugh? he is here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny? Funny how? How is he funny?"
I'm starting to look at this thread in a whole new light... thanks JT! Yeah WTF am I here to entertain you! I'm a seriouse individual. ;)

Yo EDDIE I was there! I left about 10:00 this morning and hit the trail, I didn't see your post until I got back. I don't know how I missed ya, except for my GF and I took her car...so?

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Have to say a very interesting great thread. BA, we LOVE you..... Well now you are famous, you will have to come to Whistler, Seattle for the Titi Group Ride, we all want you there, it has ceased being something we ask you to come to, it is now an order...............

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.