Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Bike Yolk Revive 185mm the best long-travel dropper? I've read a lot of reviews online where people proclaim the Bike Yolk Revive as the best dropper. I also like a long dropper and BY has a 185mm option.

I've read reviews where people described the Revive mechanics as "buttery" and that was the exact word I used when I test rode an mtb a few months ago which had a Bike Yoke dropper on it although I think the one I tried may have been the Divine model instead of Revive model.

Cold weather performance is very important to me as well and I've only read good things about the Revive in that area. Granted, there are probably better "bang for the buck" droppers, but if my main objectives are a reliable and buttery dropper with solid year-round performance, then BikeYoke Revive dropper seems like the one to get. Do you agree?

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
I work in a shop and try every dropper that comes through. They all feel like poop compared to my 2 year old Revive.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,809 Posts
What attracted me to the Revive was that it appeared to be the first post that was really well thought out. Not a "you have to send it back for any service" or "will die in a year and then you throw it away" type post, or even a "yeah, you can service it, but it'll never be like new" post. Dropper posts have become widespread, but not necessarily well designed and long-lasting. They are sort of like where front suspension was back in 1997 or so, showing promise, but crude and in some cases unacceptable.

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,833 Posts
No. My clamp head snapped off. Last post that did that to me was a RaceFace XY. Warranty turn around was quick but in 2 weeks it pooped oil inside my frame. Warranty turnaround was a little slower. Fox Transfer for the win. 9.8 and Reverb a distant tie for 3rd. The action of the Bikeyoke is smooth and the Transfer feels rough in comparison. But it works at all altitudes and down to freezing temps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,809 Posts
My transfer failed right away, so different strokes I guess...

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
@legbacon - you think the revive feels even better than a brand new top of the line reverb in mint condition?
Yes, we have new bikes on the floor with Reverbs and they don't feel as smooth & light.

We have had good luck with Transfers but they aren't as smooth either.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought a "Revive" dropper and honestly I wasn't looking forward to the big "REVIVE" logo around the collar in its big funky 1970's font but it looks like the latest Revive droppers, at least the 185mm ones, just have "Bike Yoke" printed around the collar in a standard modern font like you would expect on a modern, high-quality piece of equipment

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just had my new BikeYoke Revive dropper installed and I give it a HUGE two thumbs up. I'm super picky about *everything* but BikeYoke really hit this one out of the ballpark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.