Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Fox 36 RC2 160mm with a mind to reduce it to 150mm but i know some are running the 160, any feedback? I'm up in the Pacific NW so it's going to see its share of gnar. Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I do on my 2016 9.9 29er. Loves it going downhill, not rally an issue going uphill and the G2 offset still keeps the steering quick enough through the twisty and slow technical stuff. I maintenance like bikes with a high stack height so I really get on with the extra length of the 160mm fork.

I think a 150mm would be almost as good and would offer better balance if you also do a lot of climbing and want more of a trail bike feel. This was a setup I used on a 650b 2014 Remedy to great affect.

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
My 15 Rem 29er is still at 140, and I use the bike for rugged trail riding. No park or true enduro stuff.

That said, more travel might be nice, but I would personally hate to lift the bike up beyond stock for my application, since it already is a fairly high BB by current standards (and I run in the low position.

Not sure if I could notice a 10 mm change, but 20 mm would be very noticeable.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have a 160 Fox Factory 36 on mine. ('15 9.9 29", 21.5" frame) I bought all of the stuff to reduce to 140, but I never put it in. I like the 160.
She's a heavy bike to steer, but the bike just takes anything. Not nearly as quick or nimble as my Scarp (120mm and much steeper angle) but the Remedy is meant as my basher bike anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts