Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
The AC 1, which is a trailbike, should give you more trail/ride options given the terrain in AZ. While the NRS, which is pretty much an XC racing rig, may limit your riding/trail options.

HK?

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
sailfreak said:
Hi im a foreign student about to go to ASU from hk.
i am trying to decide which bike to bring to AZ an AC1 or NRS any thoughts???
I guess it all depends on what kind of trails you like/want to ride.

I have an NRS. I ride it a lot on the faster/smoother XC trails. It sucks on any tech stuff because the wheelbase is so damn short...but it's still doable. I rode South Mountain for years on my NRS because it was my only bike.

I now own a Motolite in addition to the NRS. Needless to say, it gets most of my riding time now because it's just so much more versatile. I never take the Motolite on the XC trails because it's too piggy for that...but most of my mountain biking lately has been on the tech side so most of my time is spent on the Motolite. The NRS is now reserved for XC races.

I guess if you have only 1 bike to bring and you won't be using it to commute, then bring the AC1. If you see yourself commuting on the bike in addition to riding it on the trails, the NRS will be a much better choice.

Thx...Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.