Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
I like to freeride, but my bike aint cutting it. I have a 2004 Haro extreme x1, but taking it off 12ish foot drops is not very fun. :( So this summer I plan to sell it and buy either a new 2005 stinky or a 2005 bighit. (Unless I find a good used alternative) I still need to pedal to get around to trails, so 40 pound's would be the wieght limit. My budget is about $1,800, but not untill summer time.
I normally ride trails with around 5-6 foot drops but I have done a 13 footer, but it sounds like my bike is dying a slow death.
I was about to buy a vp-free for $1,400 but found out it was a scam so I am trying to get a bike that is local. Anyway, a stinky or a bighit would handle up to 15 footers right? I only wiegh about 115 and am preety smooth.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
The Stinky is a great choice in my opinion. However, at that price point, you will be blown away I think with what you can get used. I know because I sold a killer Bullit worth a whole lot of money for less than $1500......someone got a killer deal.

While of course new bikes are worth researching, perhaps follow the classifieds/ebay to get a good sense of what you can actually get. If you buy from ebay, ONLY CONSIDER REPUTABLE SELLERS. It is relatively easy since you should only bother looking at those with multiple transactions with a 100% postive review.

Cheers

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
you don't need a "freeride" bike untiil you are doing 25 foot drops.

if you can't make your bike work on a 14-footer how do you expect to make it work bigger?

PS go to PinkBike, their forums and pictures seem right like you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.