Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pin it to win it
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if a Nixion Comp a good fork for DJ and street. i was gonna get one because there real cheap on jenson right now.

FOR SALE!
2003 BIG HIT SPEC FRAME

E-MAIL FOR PRICE AND PICS.
[email protected]

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
you'll destroy it if you ride it hard in the lowered setting... i don't really like the forks anyway.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
coma13 said:
you'll destroy it if you ride it hard in the lowered setting... i don't really like the forks anyway.
No, that's only the travel adjusts that use the metal wings. I believe you can ride the Nixon in the lowered setting since it uses the winddown.

The Nixon is really just a trail/all mountain fork though... You're better off with a Pike. Or a used Sherman that I've reduced :D .

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Or perhaps a DJ specific fork?

Like a Marzocchi DJ 1, 2, 3?

Makes sense to me.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
I think the Nixon is designed for a more agressive trail rider that isn't necessarily getting loads of air and droppin fatties. I have seen it used as a DJ fork though. I guess its your call....

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I just installed the firm ride kit in my static stance, I loved it before, i could make out with the thing now. Its so firm, and lighter than a any of the Marz. DJ's. I'll be riding this until I can get a new Gold Label, then I will install this on my 4X/DH hardtail.

Raptordude said:
I think the Nixon is designed for a more agressive trail rider that isn't necessarily getting loads of air and droppin fatties. I have seen it used as a DJ fork though. I guess its your call....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts