Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
When I rode the District Saturday the 26th, FS 475A (up the river) was closed and marked "Closed to ALL Traffic". Information released by the USFS a few weeks back stated that both 475A and Davidson River Trail (between the road and the river) were closed to ALL traffic for several weeks to accommodate road repairs. I did, however, observe people poaching 475A... FS 475B (the route to FS 225, Cove Creek, and the Daniel Ridge sneak) was gated closed, but had no "all traffic' warnings, so I rode it...

Here's a route that includes Butter but avoids FS 475A:

http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/?p=1139

...and here's a shorter one that includes the lower section of Butter:

http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/?p=1142

Enjoy!

TZ

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Inside scoop:

Hey Everybody! I just asked my guy at the USFS about 475 and got this reply:

'I just spoke with the project manager from the Federal Highway Dept. He is planning to pave the closed area this week, and have the striping finished in another week. Tentative finish date of 4/15/11, that could be pushed another week if foul weather interrupts. Your event on 5/7 should not be impacted.'

·
Registered
671 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
He is planning to pave the closed area this week, and have the striping finished in another week.'
Well that explains why it took so long... Who knew it would take a week just to paint stripes on 2 miles of a closed two lane road? :rolleyes:

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
Hey Everybody! I just asked my guy at the USFS about 475 and got this reply:

Your event on 5/7 should not be impacted.'
And why exactly would YOU be asking this question? Certainly not for the benefit of the NC/SC forum of MTBR. :eek:

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.