Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Ive got a pair of almost new Hunt 4 season disc im thinking of using for cx racing. Are they wide enough for 33mm clincher tubeless tires? Specialized terra pro.
Tried crest mk3 rims (23mm internal) last year but the tires measure more like 34mm... Was checked by a commisar once and it was "ok" though.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi. Ive got a pair of almost new Hunt 4 season disc im thinking of using for cx racing. Are they wide enough for 33mm clincher tubeless tires? Specialized terra pro.
Tried crest mk3 rims (23mm internal) last year but the tires measure more like 34mm... Was checked by a commisar once and it was "ok" though.
17mm internal? Should be OK, My ridley came with rims that were 14mm internal I used for a couple years until I got some HED classics at 21mm internal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The old wheels är 17mm, then 20mm and now the new ones är 25mm I think. Perfect for all gravel dads 😁

Hunt 4season has seen at least 3 different widths.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm lucky to be in the USA since there's no 33 mm rule unless you are racing at the pro level or a national championship.

17 mm should be fine. It may fold over a little at very low pressure, but it should be great at a relatively low pressure.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well. I want to race following the given rules that all my coriders also follows. Its a part of the CX racing :)
But a 33mm tire and a wide rim makes the tire just boxy and gets the sidewalls showing. Didnt have a better wheelset at the time so the crest mk3 was the only choice.
I think 19-21mm internal width is the best (at least with Specialized cx tires). Will give it a try later on. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.