Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I just wanna go fast!
1,956 Posts
I'm 6'3" and have sat on both the 17 and the 19.

At first ride, the 17 didn't feel too bad, but the cockpit was a little cramped for me. I noticed that when I was really pedaling hard, it was easy to hit the bars or shifter with my knees. I ended up buying a 19" frame and it worked well for me.

There are some guys that like small bikes, but I think they may just have short legs.

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
im 6'2" and i ride the 17". its a little small but i cant afford a new bike so i just make due by moving the seat back and i got a little longer stem wider bars to give it a bigger feel.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
6' tall here, and I ride a 17" (Medium) 7point.

I have ridden a 19" (Large) 7point. It feels better on the climbs, and slightly better on the VERY, VERY steep descents, but I much prefer the medium for freeriding, jumping, etc.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Krash,

I'm 6'-0" as well and went with the 17" Yakuza. The stock setup felt too low and short for me, so I went with a wider, higher rise bar and moved up to a 70mm stem. With the new setup, the bike feels a lot better.

Both 17"and 19" frames have a ton of standover so no real downside to the 19". The longer wheelbase of the 19" might be better if you ride a lot of fast, wide open runs. The 17" Yakuza feels more at home in the tight twisty terrain than skinsuit level, mach speed.

Best of luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.