Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am on a very limited budget (sub 700). I saw an 06 Yakuza Aniki for 499 and I want to start downhill but becuase of where i live i will also be XC riding. I was wondering if this bike would be a good all around bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got this bike a few months ago and it is very solid once its properly tuned and once you get the stiffer rear spring free from iron horse like i did it is very fun to ride. I have used it for XC but it wouldnt be my first choice but it works. As for downhill I would consider a better fork and a few more component upgrades but I say go for it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There is a huge thread in the IH forum you may want tho check out.
Since I am bored, I will tell you about my experience. It's a nice bike....... really. Sometimes on this forum you get posts from 15 yr old punks trying to earn street cred by dissing anything that is inexpensive or bike snobs who turn their noses up at anything that isn't hand built. Pay no attention to 'em. Most people who bought this bike seem to really like it. Remember, there is a difference between "it sucks" and " there's better "
I weigh about 210 lbs and have been weight training for 15 years and it held up fine for me.
I liked the low stand over and long top tube ( 17 inch size ). You will need to immediatlely change the fokr, rear shock, and probaly the cranks/bb and you will have a nice solid bike. check out ebay and places like pricepoint and jenson. I found a brand new sherman breakout for $125 on the bay, I found a fifth element 9.0X3.0 shock for 50.00, and you can get Hussefelt cranks/bb for about 85.00 shipped from the discount shops. I had no problems with the bike and really liked the way it rode. The RD and brakes worked fine, and the bike soaked up big drops easily. Even my botique bike riding buddies would ask to hit stuff on it. the boutique bikes were definitely nicer, but the IH could hold its own. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.