Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I went from getting a suspension bike to a hardtail but trying to figure out which is a better deal. I will be doing DH but lots of trail riding also. The Trek is missing the front fork but in all reality the IH front fork I would probably replace anyways.......Here are the facts.....

2007 IH Warrior 3.0 (NEW) $450 shipped

Specifications
Frame: DOUBLE BUTTED HARDTAIL FRAME, 1-1/8" ZERO STACK HEADTUBE, REPLACEABLE DERAILLEUR HANGER, INTERNATIONAL DISC BRAKE MOUNT
Fork: MARZOCCHI MZ COMP, 100MM TRAVEL
Rear Shock: N/A
Front Derailleur: SHIMANO DEORE, 34.9 CLAMP
Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO DEORE
Shifters: SHIMANO DEORE RAPIDFIRE
Brakes Levers: SHIMANO ALIVIO
Brakes: SHIMANO DEORE MECHANICAL DISC, W/ 6" ROTOR
Chain: SHIMANO HG-73
Crankset: FSA DYNA DRIVE
Cassette: SRAM PG-950, 11/34T, 9 SPEED
Pedals: ALLOY PLATFORM
Bottom Bracket: FSA POWER DRIVE, 73MM
Headset: ZERO STACK
Saddle: WTB PURE V SPORT
Seat Post: ALLOY MICRO ADJUST
Handlebar: ALLOY RISERBAR, 31.8MM CLAMP
Grips: N/A
Stem: RITCHEY V2
Tires: WTB WEIRWOLF 2.1
Wheelset: WTB SX-24 W/ EYELETS w/14/15G DB STAINLESS BLACK SPOKES
Weight: 31.7 lbs.
Color: Brown Satin, Black Satin

2006 Trek 6700 (never seen a trail) Front fork not included, $350 maybe less

Barely used 2006 Trek 6700 SLR
size 17.5
Missing fork
Disc brakes
excellent components, wheels
GREAT DEAL! I bought it for $700 and barely used the bike, need to sell cause I am moving

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
taikuodo said:
Forks are expensive. Probably around 150-200 for the level of fork the 6700 SLR comes with.

Go for the IH, its a good bike and less headaches.
Yeah but a nice fork for $200 if I can get the Trek for $300 is only $50 more than the new IH and I have a solid bike right?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just curious as to why the Trek is missing it's fork?

Also, neither of these is constructed for downhill use. If that is what you want to do you will trash them in no time and would be better served saving your money for something a bit more durable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jpick915 said:
Just curious as to why the Trek is missing it's fork?

Also, neither of these is constructed for downhill use. If that is what you want to do you will trash them in no time and would be better served saving your money for something a bit more durable.
I'm not sure where the path will take me, never done it. I'm going to try it all. When you say durabel are you talking about the frame or components? If its the components then i'm okay with that, I will just upgrade them as they break. If it's the frame then might have to step it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.