Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got a used Iron horse. The rear shock is a Fox rp23 and the fork is a Reba Race. I followed both Fox's and Rockshock guide for air pressure. I have 182 psi in the rear which is my weight. In the front i have 135psi on the + and 125 on the -. Does this sound right? It feels ok riding on the street. Can't test it on dirt till it stops raining thanks for the help. This is my first full suspension bike do you guys have any tips for them?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Don't worry so much about the psi, pay attention to the sag. 25-33% in the rear. Somewhat less in the front.

Also, the psi recommendations from RS are too high most find.

I hope you have the Reba set at maximum length. Even then it is too short for a
mkiii in my opinion.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
i used 140mm on mine. even 150mm would be fine. the head angle is really steep with anything less than that. keep in mind that dw-link works best with 30-35% sag. aim for that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I will check out some 140mm forks and I have the sag at 33 right now and like it. Saturnie what year was yours? This frame is 06 and I believe that year has a little different geometry? Any fork you would recommend?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.