Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently I ride a MKIII, which I love. in fact I have had no reason to even consider a new bike until a friend of mine called and offered me his 6.6 at a ridiculous price.

so now the question, which bike?
I ride very aggressively both up hills and down.
his build and mine both weigh about the same, the only differences are the obvious bling factor, and a little more travel. I've also heard the 6.6 is quite a bit stiffer in the rear end.

hopefully someone can help me out.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Guess it all depends on the wear and tear of both bikes (vs. one another) and if you want to spend money. If you're asking which is a better bike all else being equal (condition of bike-used/new and price) than I'd suspect a 6.6 is better bike. But all isn't equal-money not being the least of your worries-and, it only matters IF you are really in the market for a new ride. So, how about is this particular used 6.6 better than another bike you are looking to buy.

I've been riding an MK III Team for the last 2 months-solid ride, no complaints, the DW-Link is for real-but, it's a little to cornbread, milk and 'nilla wafers for my tastes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ride my Mk III off a lot of stuff that would surpirse most people already!
I just need to figure out if having another inch of travel (probably not as efficient as the dw-link either), and having a super blingy bike is worth spending a bunch of money. porbably not I guess

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
So basically, from what i've read. You want an extra inch and like it stiff on the rear end?! lmao

I'd say it all depends on the current shape both bikes are, wear and tear, etc. If it's a friend of yours then you know the kind of abuse it has taken and what tht bike has taken. If it's in good shape and you know your friend hasn't taken it over anything too big, then go for the intense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.