Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i don't know what people think of iron horse but i've tried sum of there dually's and there easy just as good as specialized and other major brands for downhill and free style.
i'm looking at getting one, thoughts and opinions from people who have one would be great

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Rhoid_buffing said:
hey, i don't know what people think of iron horse but i've tried sum of there dually's and there easy just as good as specialized and other major brands for downhill and free style.
i'm looking at getting one, thoughts and opinions from people who have one would be great
Who knew the day would come when 7 inch travel 26 inch bikes would be used for freestyle! It must be pretty crazy to see that.

I think you mean "freeride." :thumbsup:

As for Ironhorse, they're DW-Link! How can they not be good???:D

Tim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tibug said:
Who knew the day would come when 7 inch travel 26 inch bikes would be used for freestyle! It must be pretty crazy to see that.

I think you mean "freeride." :thumbsup:

As for Ironhorse, they're DW-Link! How can they not be good???:D

Tim
haha, well that shows the amount i know. :) have u ridden one or owned one before. what series would u recommend if u have

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Rhoid_buffing said:
haha, well that shows the amount i know. :) have u ridden one or owned one before. what series would u recommend if u have
Hey, that's alright. :thumbsup:

I don't own one and I don't have that much experience with DW-Link, actually..:madman: . I have demoed the 7point3 and the MK3 Expert. I rode them on 1 day test rides on relatively mild terrain, and the rear triangle was real stiff. Both of them had exceptional resistance against pedal bob when climbing. I didn't notice any brake jack. The spring rate I can't comment on because I'm not real good at discerning those things (I normally ride a 4 inch travel freeride hardtail).

I'm basing my opinion on some experience and lots of dwlink's reputation.

Tim

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have never ridden one, but have only heard great things about the 7 Point series. I have seen them in person too and they look mighty good!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Take a look at the 7point for what you are riding. The DW link pedals very well, the geometry is very confidence inspiring esp. going down, it is very nimble for a 7" bike, and it is tough and will take a beating. Plus they are relatively inexpensive.

Look on Go-ride or RS cycles for good deals.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I have an 07 Sunday Elite so I'll give you some input. They're meant to go fast. The less I brake, the smoother this bike floats over stuff. I know it sounds wierd or fake, but it's not.They're built really solid this year and seem to be getting better every year. I ride Diablo, Platty, and Whiteface on it and weigh 250, so you know it takes a beating and has no problem either. As far as pedaling efficency, I make a point to choose things that only point down. ;)Fahn

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
Ironhorses are sick
7Points are nice if you have the money
but if not Look at the Yakuzas

·
Registered
34 Posts
Iron Horses are amazing bikes for the money!
i just got the sohon bucho and i love every bit of it. As long as weight isnt a huge issue for you then id say go with either the kumicho or sohon bucho. Great bikes for the price! if youre looking into buying one then check out rscycle.com. Their prices are steals.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
I ride a 7point

I love it.
I dont think it can get much better than the DW.
All my bike purchases from now on will be IH.
7point climbs like a goat. ( A heavy goat )
6point is what I would get now that I look back on it. If I had an extra 2k.

·
Registered
369 Posts
dw_link is the bomb!

I ride a 7Point and a Hollowpoint, and they both rock. Don't know much about the non-dw_link frames, so can't really comment there; but I guarantee you won't be disappointed with an Azure, MK, 6Point, 7Point, or Sunday as long as you buy the model appropriate to your chosen discipline.

·
Registered
369 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
Magick Mountain said:
I ride a 7Point and a Hollowpoint, and they both rock.
Im thinking about getting a hollowpoint. How does it ride compared to the 7point? and other DW likages?
The Hollowpoint is a dw-Link, so it basically rides the same as the 7Point, just not as plush (it's 5 inches of air as opposed to 7 inches of coil). I will say, that since building up my 7Point, I don't ride the Hollowpoint much these days.

·
Jersey Hucker
314 Posts
Yakuza Series

I gotta Yakuza Aniki and I love it, works for everything even a little trail riding. Also their CS is amazing. I originally bought a Warrior Comp hardtail and that eventually was turned into a freeride bike. The hardtail broke and I called Ironhorse up, they were real helpful and hooked me up with a Yakuza Aniki frame for free.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Magick Mountain said:
The Hollowpoint is a dw-Link, so it basically rides the same as the 7Point, just not as plush (it's 5 inches of air as opposed to 7 inches of coil). I will say, that since building up my 7Point, I don't ride the Hollowpoint much these days.
I just finished riding my buddies MKIII hollow for 2 weeks. It rides really really similar to my 7point(which has a RS Pearl air shox) It is by far the best trail bike I have ever riddin.

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
I truly believe that the Sunday is the top of the food chain as far as DH bikes go. It's true... the thing just dares you to keep your fingers off the brakes to go faster! It tracks like nothing I've ever rode before, corners on a rail too. I can almost literaly lay it flat over in berms and it just rails.

I hear alot of people say they only take theyre sunday to lift accessed mountains for strictly DH but I say ehff that... The DW link pedals amazingly even on a sunday and has neever held me back.

... except on the shore, smacking logs and steep roll in ladders on the shore is the price you pay for the low bottom bracket.

·
Registered
119 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
I truly believe that the Sunday is the top of the food chain as far as DH bikes go. It's true... the thing just dares you to keep your fingers off the brakes to go faster! It tracks like nothing I've ever rode before, corners on a rail too. I can almost literaly lay it flat over in berms and it just rails.

I hear alot of people say they only take theyre sunday to lift accessed mountains for strictly DH but I say ehff that... The DW link pedals amazingly even on a sunday and has neever held me back.

... except on the shore, smacking logs and steep roll in ladders on the shore is the price you pay for the low bottom bracket.

Im getting too hyped up about this bike. Which will most likley result in dissapointment. Just bought a used 06 sunday just got to put it together.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
freerider_07 said:
Iron Horse = awesome

I have and '06 Yakuza Ojiki and its SICK!!
i checked out the website just now, :O :thumbsup: i've demoed a yakuza ( i'm not sure sorry) but i remember that it was fast and the ride was sic :p sorry that i haven't posted sooner.
btw i'm selling my motorbike to get this bike and i love jumping, the seven point series looks mighty fine for that type of stuff.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts