Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the Iron Horse 6pt 6. Local shops have discounted them pretty heavily right now. Can swap the rear fox air with the coil over. Fork is Lyric and components are all x9. I am not familiar with Iron Horse though and would appreciate some input.

I am a big boy, 6'7' 300lbs. Just converted my older hardtail into a road/commuter bike. Riding 3 times a week to work looking to get back into shape an lose some wieght. Now looking for a decent FS that I can ride hard locally here in Washington. Excellent trails and I want to take advantage of them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
husky said:
Anyone have any experience with the Iron Horse 6pt 6. Local shops have discounted them pretty heavily right now. Can swap the rear fox air with the coil over. Fork is Lyric and components are all x9. I am not familiar with Iron Horse though and would appreciate some input.

I am a big boy, 6'7' 300lbs. Just converted my older hardtail into a road/commuter bike. Riding 3 times a week to work looking to get back into shape an lose some wieght. Now looking for a decent FS that I can ride hard locally here in Washington. Excellent trails and I want to take advantage of them.

Thanks
I hear nothing but good things about the value of DW-link Iron Horse Bikes. Not sure how well they work for big riders, but the leverage ratio isn't too high. About 2.52:1 with its 6.3" of travel and 2.5" stroke shock. Throw an 800# coil on it and you should be good.

I weigh a little more than you (~320) and found that I flex the heck out of most frames though. I went to a WAY overbuilt Banshee Chaparral (12+ pound frame All-Mountain bike) and the flexing stopped. You could try the 6 point, I can quickly feel the flex in a parking lot test. Just stand and mash on a high gear, if it feels solid then I'd say to grab it.

I personally think that the best thing for riders in the 300ish range is a short travel freeride or slope style bike.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
the 150mm rear axle and 83mm bb are nice clyde features; it's rear wheel should be stronger than if it where 135.

DW link is probably the best suspension on the market, clyde or no. If it fits I'd bet you'll love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.