Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going up tomorrow to race? I'm gonna head up with a friend and race sport class. Hopefully we don't get any more damn rain! If anyone is familiar with the course/trail, i'm just curiuos what it is like. Should be fun in any case.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So excited I can't sleep

It will be my first race this year; 2nd in my life. I so excited I can't sleep, which is bad as I really need some. I'll be riding a shiney newish black Burner I've recently built up.

Its a rain or shine event, but what I've been told (my first time going as well): its going to be muddy. "Pack a towel." I was told. I'd assume clean clothes too...

See you there. I'm be the sleepy beginer with the black Turner and red jersey.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah I dodn't bother. I got up at 7am in balto, md and it was pouring. As I watched the news they said the major storms were in Newark so i knew it was gonna be a slopfest if I went. no thanks! Already did that at 24hrs snowshoe. :) I'd be curious to hear if anyone actually raced it though. Can't have been good at all for the trail.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh did we race!
Oh did we race!

It was about the muddiest race ever... I don't want to think about what we did to those trails. The starts times were pushed back about an hour, and the course shortened. Lots of fun, well run.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not in last place, 2nd to last place.

There are picture on www.mountainbikeracer.com . As bad as it looks in those pictures know that it was worse. In the beginner pictures I'm number 011 & 093. Please note he smile on my face. I had a great time. They don't have the time posted in the results yet, and I'm listed as senior I when in fact I'm senior II.

·
eastman
278 Posts
Think I saw you

t0land said:
It will be my first race this year; 2nd in my life. I so excited I can't sleep, which is bad as I really need some. I'll be riding a shiney newish black Burner I've recently built up.

Its a rain or shine event, but what I've been told (my first time going as well): its going to be muddy. "Pack a towel." I was told. I'd assume clean clothes too...

See you there. I'm be the sleepy beginer with the black Turner and red jersey.
Hey...I think I saw you at the race. Did you race in the 1st group? I was walking along the course before our race started. I gave you a shout that "Dave is watching" I have a Turner o2...the bike did great in the race, it was my left shoe that came apart during the 2nd lap.

-e

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.