Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are no reviews on this frame, at least not that I could find.
but when I found it for $120 there was no way for me to resist.
So I'm going to write a review and hopefully it will help someone.

Anyway, I just completed the build and it looks great! weighs in at 20 lbs, not too bad. I'll wait for the snow to melt to take it out, but at some point I'll post something a little more comprehensive. For now, here's my build:

18" frame
Alex rims on specialized hubs (heavy)
Avid BB7's
Avid speed dial 7's
Specialized fast trak in rear and WTB weirwolf in front
Cane Creek S3 headset
Easton EA70 stem
Easton seatpost
Bontrager saddle
Candy C''s
Truativ stylo crank
Truvativ stylo BB
Salsa Chainring
Easton EA30 bar

here are some pics:

more to come...

·
T Smee
160 Posts
Can anyone answer whether or not this is basically the same frame as Jenson was selling as the Zion 737ebb? Ive had an IRO Jamie Roy fixed gear and loved it, not the best frame in the world, nor the best components, but it was strong and reliable. Ohh, and most of all, it was fun! Maybe this inexpensive frame could be the same

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
Doubtful that's the same bike as the Zion because it's got some odd geometry, IIRC, the top tube is extra long, over 23" for a size small, again IIRC.

·
T Smee
160 Posts
I Drink Blatz said:
IRO is good folks to deal with. Go to fixedreargallery.com and you`ll see a bunch of post that agree. I`ve owned a MarkV and have a Rob Roy. Very nice
Yea for sure, Tony is great to deal with, when you can get him to stop building/packaging bikes and answer the phone... Haha!

adarn, where did you get one for that price?

·
T Smee
160 Posts
So you got an 18"? How tall are you and your inseam? Im thinking I'd like to have one, if nothing else but for a spare bike, or for less than wonderful conditions... Haha!

Have you weighed it? Just out of curiousity... I found out from price point that the frame weighs 5.5lbs and the fork nearly 3lbs. That sounds pretty heavy to me

·
Weird Eh
159 Posts

·
T Smee
160 Posts
Looks good baja! Thanks for posting the pictures. Does the Reba clear the downtube??
I ordered a black 16" as well... May take my time building it up though, but I'll post pictures when it arrives and i get a chance to weigh it, just for reference

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
T Smee
160 Posts
boomn said:
yes, if you want or have a King. Another (cheaper) alternative is the Cane Creek S3 Plus 5 headset
That did NOT work on my Zion frame, maybe it'll work in this application... That would be cool since i dont ride rigid all the time. I have also heard that you could use some kind of spacer (headset/stem) underneath the crown race to get some more clearance

·
Registered
2020 Salsa Horsethief; 2021 Surly Krampus
851 Posts
Ventana also makes a King-compatible race with a +7mm to help with fork/downtube clearance. I used that on my Zion and it worked well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.