Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been spinning indoors for a while and thought i would test the warmer weather and check out the local trails.

Main path has alot of ice patches but riding the side edges is a fair option to getting into the trail network. Once on the tails its very slow goin as there is alot of mud patches and mixed icey patches with very slick leaves. Trail paths are hard to visualize if u dont have a good memory. At one point i was swearing to myself at how hard the trail was till i realized i was about 80 ft away from the path.

I probably would not ride iriqous trails for a while unless u have studs but even then there is alot of slick leaves and mud. Ill admit it felt good to get out and spin but i might stick to the road bike for the next outdoor ride.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
It's a shame all that rain came down a while back. I can't see the ice going away any time soon. I suppose I probably wont be doing much riding there until maybe the ice is covered with a good layer of snow.

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RIding in cold weather/snow is actually quite fun cause it changes everything and makes the trails seem brand new. You appreciate roots and small patches of ice and the little things come out. Feels different, then when summer comes and ur bombing through stuff u were grannyin around in the winter it feels awesome and then the cycle repeats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.