Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Is He able to remove the rear tire with that rollercam? I have that set-up on my Ross and I have to deflate the tire to remove and re-install. Kind of a slight pain.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Gotta love the old IRD Rotary brakes. There was an old MBA (I think it was MBA) that did a break shootout and I beleive they said the Rotary was the strongest brake they ever tested. I still like the feel of a WTB Toggle better but these are still way cooler and much harder to find.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Great pics of the brake. I have two of them, but am waiting to find the right frame to put them on!
Can't see what kind of lever you're running. What's stopping power like? I've heard there are bid rim width/ boss spacing and boss height combos that keep you from getting the stopping power you want.
I've always wondered about running them with SLR Plus levers.

·
Bird watcher
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has a shimano xt 3 gen with the attached push push shifter and that slr with clear window over it. That might be too much for it. It would probably be better with something like a diacompe ss-something

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Too much power? Never! I really can't wait to get a frame with U-Brake bosses on it, and run precisely the brake combo you're talking about. In fact, I also fantasize about getting an XT U-Brake and running it with one of the Cannondale Force 40 rocker cam thingies. I guess I am an incurable brake weirdo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.