Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Wow good find, that's a new option, at least to me. Fork geoemtry identical to the Surly, but the IRD is more expensive. I wonder if the curved Tange blades make for a lighter or maybe not so rock-hard fork?
Looking forward to the first reviews, to hear what makes it worth the extra cost over the Surly.
Sorry I'm no help to you.

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
1,012 Posts
I have 2 of them...

I have the 420mm MTB ones on my MC and the straight leg 700c Cross forks on the Ferrous fixie / 28er.

They are nice forks that ride well and have a little "spring" in them.

SSP

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good

Thanks for the info. This might be the fork for my new ENO disc Blizzard. I have a 2001 bomber (80mm) on the bike but the frame made for a 100mm. I would love to pony up for a Kelly but I also would like to get a pair of Mary bars and I this would keep price in my range.

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
Singlespeedpunk said:
I have the 420mm MTB ones on my MC and the straight leg 700c Cross forks on the Ferrous fixie / 28er.

They are nice forks that ride well and have a little "spring" in them.

SSP
woohoo, thanks for the info!!! i have been thinking about getting the ird dtraight blade cross fork. the other forks i've looked at are from walt works, wily and desalvo...all are about $200, abit less or abit over.

i will give the ird first, if i feel the alpha q doesn't work out. thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.