Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,153 Posts
I have been "riding" them for about 2 1/2 years, came w/ a build kit I bought. Do not get them! I have had many problems with them, the levers, the calipers, everything. Back last winter, they did not have pads available for about 7 months. I have wanted to get rid of mine forever but havn't had the cash to replace them.

DON'T BUY THEM!

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
voodoovegan said:
I have been "riding" them for about 2 1/2 years, came w/ a build kit I bought. Do not get them! I have had many problems with them, the levers, the calipers, everything. Back last winter, they did not have pads available for about 7 months. I have wanted to get rid of mine forever but havn't had the cash to replace them.

DON'T BUY THEM!
I'm not sure what you have but it's probably not the IRD since the Dual Bangers are new. They are also mechanicals so you can use whatever v-levers you want and use commonly available Shimano pads. That pretty much addresses all the issues except problems with the calipers.

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,153 Posts
I see. It looks like they dropped their hydraulic Dual Bangers, good choice. Yea, so I have no experience w/ the mechanical ones.... and it looks like they are spec'ing Shimano pads, good choice again. I hate being a gineau pig for some company's new product...

·
Registered
73 Posts
It would be really nice if they offered an "upgrade kit". I already have avid 160's, so I think all I would need are the calipers themselfs. Since I'm a clyde by weight, it would be nice to have them available for 185 discs too, the 160's get pretty hot on some of the downhill sections I do.
I'm definitly looking forward to the possibility of running the dual bangers though as my avids have been warping my discs pretty badly lately.

·
Registered
571 Posts
voodoovegan said:
I see. It looks like they dropped their hydraulic Dual Bangers, good choice. Yea, so I have no experience w/ the mechanical ones.... and it looks like they are spec'ing Shimano pads, good choice again. I hate being a gineau pig for some company's new product...
AND those hydro Dual Bangers also used their own proprietary brake fluid that was not DOT or mineral oil. It had the consistency as radiator fluid and searched high and low to find out what it was exactly because I doubt a small co like Interloc had R&D dollars to brew up a new fluid. It had to be something existing. But I could never find out what it was. Interloc wouldn't tell me and no one I asked in the bike industry knew either.

I had a new pair of those hydros in my hands, but returned them for store credit because of the proprietary fluid and specific pads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.