Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heey kids!
anybody have an opinion about irc trailbears?
i need new fatties for my hardtail and they seemed to have a pretty
aggressive tread pattern and they're reasonably inexpensive.
good? bad? weather/terrain specific?

thanks b

·
I dig trails!
5,611 Posts
They are the best "all around" rear tire I have run.

They are a harder compound so they don't stick to wet roots/rocks very well, but they:
last long
don't easily pinch flat
roll very well for what they are
grip well in loose and hard
great grip and are progressive
reasonable weight for what they do

All tires are compromises, and this one fits my riding the best.

I tried to use other tires but came back to this one.

Mr. P

·
I Love my Rize
830 Posts
I agree with P

The best all around tire I have ever used (2.25). Very durable and inexpensive. Great traction in just about all conditions. They wear really really well and they also roll real good on the road for such an aggressive tire. Read the reviews on them as they are pretty accurate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Tire/product_124046.shtml

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
good, durable tires, especially considering how cheaply they can normally be found. i'm a fan of the 2.5" version, on the back. i haven't used it as much up front, but like it quite a bit as a rear tire.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've used the 2.25 and 2.5s on my turner 6pack, and really liked both sets. I've settled on the 2.5, and think it's a tremendous tire. Since I mostly ride in dry conditions, I don't mind the shortcoming, but the wet weather performance of the tire is not spectacular. It's not bad, just not the grippiest for rocks and roots in the wet.

If I had to have this tire or my kenda nevegals, I would pick this one every time.

·
Ride Everything
2,913 Posts
The 2.25" has a nice profile, both width- and height-wise. Construction, like nearly every IRC I've seen/used, is very good. The actual weight (on the 2.25" version) is about 10% more than advertised. You can usually find them on eBay for a very good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.