Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
No Fear
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all .
It’s a while im not showing up like before over here. I don’t know why but over all I aint got the passion I had years before !

I used to put many pictorial threads from our riding progress in Iran . Also I remember to report our local races as soon as I got behind my desk . Hmm I don’t know but I’v got a bit lazy these days . I rarely carry my camera on the rides . This weekend I missed a local provincial race sleeping in bed !! Instead my dad went over there with my XC bike.

This time I want to show you some photos of the Asian MTB champs Qualifying races in Iran. It was held around 6 weeks ago . 15 riders from each category were invited to the races 15 gravity riders and 15 XC ers. Those of whom had collected the most points in the previous years national race rounds were selected to participate.

Every day they had some competition and a few were disqualified . After a week 4 riders from each field were ready to be sent to Nepal . To race as Iran’s agents in the 14 Asiant MTB champs.

I was there only for the last 3 days. It was in Zanjan . A city with our Mountain biking committee of the cycling Fed. Is located. I went there without my rig only to spend some time with friends from other cities.

On the end non of our local riders from the capital ( Tehran) had qualified !! 3 from the 4 Gravity riders selected were from Isfahan a touristy city you may have heard its name . And another from Qazvin ( Iran’s moab).

In Nepal our fastest riders finished 13th after him our downhillers finished 14th- 19th and 21st . And our best XC rider was the 8th to cross the finish .

Hey fellows besides I think you all were more passionate about my posts before too. I remember more cheering on my threads in the previous years .
I don’t thing you might have also lost some passion have you ?

Pix :
1 : day 2 . riders at the bottom on the trail. After timing have been done .

2 : While our MTB committee head is sorting the split times . Riders our curious to see what they have done.

3 : And their rigs resting after some competition.

4 : We had 2 pick ups to carry us to the trail head from hotel . but the way back was all downhill and fun to ride.

5 : Near the hotel

Attachments

·
No Fear
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More PIX

More PiX.

1 : On one of 3 the courses they had to compete . for survival!

2 : The left one here is the one who finished 21st in Nepal.

3 : And the same guy on the trail.

4 : Some basic trainings on the running track behind the hotel. ( Riders stayed in a hotel at a big sport complex )

5 : Warming up round the soccer field. And the guy you see printed on the top of the spectators scene is our F***ing religious- political leader . You may have seen him on your press.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.