Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago my MTB was stolen from inside my SUV while my Garmin Edge was mounted on the stem. The thief got a jersey, shorts, shoes, gloves and helmet all in my gear bag. I'm back, new bike and gear, but haven't bought a replacement computer.

Map My Ride has some good iPhone software and sure there's more out there. I'm looking for a good iPhone 4 mount. Something stem based and low profile. The mount shown on the Map My Ride sight gets bad reviews about durability on an MTB, ease of use and is WAY over priced.

Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Flexible Mount & Water Tight Case for iPhone 4

I can't advise you on a bike specific mount for your iPhone, but I can point you to a couple neat Kickstarter.com projects...

First, a flexible mounting system called the Orbit. It's fully funded and won't finish for another 16 days (Oct. 5th). I make no promises for MTB suitability, but the project team may have some thoughts.

Orbit: A Swiveling Smartphone Suction Mount by Jon Norton & Joe Molinari - Kickstarter

The second is a watertight case for iPhone 4's that allow full use of the screen and all the phone's features. Check out the link and the video!

The project is fully funded and only runs until Wednesday the 21st, so if you like the concept jump on board ASAP! Delivery is expected in November, so it can also make a great holiday gift.

EscapeCapsule - Waterproof iPhone 4 Case by Josh Wright & June Lai - Kickstarter

Hope you find what you're looking for!

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't advise you on a bike specific mount for your iPhone, but I can point you to a couple neat Kickstarter.com projects...

First, a flexible mounting system called the Orbit. It's fully funded and won't finish for another 16 days (Oct. 5th). I make no promises for MTB suitability, but the project team may have some thoughts.

Orbit: A Swiveling Smartphone Suction Mount by Jon Norton & Joe Molinari - Kickstarter

The second is a watertight case for iPhone 4's that allow full use of the screen and all the phone's features. Check out the link and the video!

The project is fully funded and only runs until Wednesday the 21st, so if you like the concept jump on board ASAP! Delivery is expected in November, so it can also make a great holiday gift.

EscapeCapsule - Waterproof iPhone 4 Case by Josh Wright & June Lai - Kickstarter

Hope you find what you're looking for!
A friend pledged some $ toward the water proof case on kickstarter.com.

·
Huckin' trails
6,060 Posts
I got a OtterBox Defender case for my iPhone... Bulletproof and $20 on eBay.

It come with a belt clip, that I've installed on my handle bar with zip-ties holding a innertube to provide grip, plus 2 loose zip-ties to hook the belt clip... Then just put the iPhone in, with a rubber band to hold it in place and you are all set... Then when you're done, just take the belt clip off, and use it to carry your iPhone :)

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.