Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how the axle holders are attached to the tubes ??? threaded ? pressed w/ o-ring ? o-ring ? interference fit ?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
You might want to let people know what fork that is. It is a little difficult to diagnose problems over the internet, for unknown people, for free, without at least a LITTLE info from the OP.

·
Registered
84 Posts
First, what are you planning to do? I hope you aren't trying to disassemble it. Most of these are press fit and not designed to come apart.
You really have to inspect them often and check for separation signs. In 99, I had a White Bros UD150 seperate at 40mph.
When I received my replacement, I painted a 1/4 inch section of the stanchion directly against the holder. Then if the stanchion starts to seperate or wiggle out there's a visual indicator.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,952 Posts
My stratos was threaded. I want to say my Shiver was threaded as well, but in reality I don't remember.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Tedman said:
First, what are you planning to do? I hope you aren't trying to disassemble it. Most of these are press fit and not designed to come apart.
You really have to inspect them often and check for separation signs. In 99, I had a White Bros UD150 seperate at 40mph.
When I received my replacement, I painted a 1/4 inch section of the stanchion directly against the holder. Then if the stanchion starts to seperate or wiggle out there's a visual indicator.
Nice idea.When i built rocket engines Torque stripe was used on every single bolt and fastener, that way when a QA tech was witnessing work order sign offs, even the slightest movement would crack the paint, if it did you were bummed and tearing down alot of stuff.:madman:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts