Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

inverted fork assembly ???????........

723 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  qkenuf4u
anyone know how the axle holders are attached to the tubes ??? threaded ? pressed w/ o-ring ? o-ring ? interference fit ?

See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
You might want to let people know what fork that is. It is a little difficult to diagnose problems over the internet, for unknown people, for free, without at least a LITTLE info from the OP.
First, what are you planning to do? I hope you aren't trying to disassemble it. Most of these are press fit and not designed to come apart.
You really have to inspect them often and check for separation signs. In 99, I had a White Bros UD150 seperate at 40mph.
When I received my replacement, I painted a 1/4 inch section of the stanchion directly against the holder. Then if the stanchion starts to seperate or wiggle out there's a visual indicator.
in other words if its leaking there it junk ?
My stratos was threaded. I want to say my Shiver was threaded as well, but in reality I don't remember.
Tedman said:
First, what are you planning to do? I hope you aren't trying to disassemble it. Most of these are press fit and not designed to come apart.
You really have to inspect them often and check for separation signs. In 99, I had a White Bros UD150 seperate at 40mph.
When I received my replacement, I painted a 1/4 inch section of the stanchion directly against the holder. Then if the stanchion starts to seperate or wiggle out there's a visual indicator.
Nice idea.When i built rocket engines Torque stripe was used on every single bolt and fastener, that way when a QA tech was witnessing work order sign offs, even the slightest movement would crack the paint, if it did you were bummed and tearing down alot of stuff.:madman:
That is a 2000/2001 Shiver, almost positive that is threaded.
SHIVER IS THREADED AND APART !!!!!!! simple o-ring setup...... THANKS FOLKS !!!!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.