Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come race the Arizona Snowbowl Invasion of the Flagstaff Enduro!

https://www.absolutebikes.net/event/invasion-of-the-flagstaff-enduro/

September 28th and 29th, Flagstaff, AZ

Two day, lot's of fun riding, two lunches, great prizes, grand raffle prize is a $1000 Specialized Bicycles spending spree at Absolute Bikes.

This race is part of the The Mountain Bike Association of Arizona (MBAA) fall Enduro Series.

All net proceeds go to the Flagstaff Family Food Center and the Flagstaff Biking Organization Trail Fund.

Key dates:

*September 9th, last day to get a free t-shirt included with your registration.

*After September 16th, registration increases by $25.

*September 18th, courses go live.

*September 28th and 29th, SEND IT!

Check out the prize list so far here: https://www.absolutebikes.net/flagstaff-enduro/prize-list/

Thanks to Nackard Pepsi, BlueWolf Events, LLC, Fratelli Pizza, and Run Flagstaff for their support!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can’t wait! Last years race was a blast. This supports a great group in FFFC and, of course, supports our trails - we need all the help we can get as we hopefully go into rebuild/build mode the next few years.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I did this in 2017 loved it. Had to miss 2018, but I am back for 2019. Yeah!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Above the pipeline, amazing! Below the pipeline is drying out quick in just the last 24 hrs. Still much better then it was, hoping for more rain in the next few days. Clouds building now...

I found this easer to find the trails involved then the map on the event site.

Text Woody plant Font Trunk Gas

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Thanks Anthony and Absolute Bikes! You guys pulled off an awesome race with a fun track despite the fire and closures. Also a huge thanks to the army of volunteers you are able to get to come out for two days to pull it off.

$7000 to the food bank as well as the FBO trail fund. That's pretty awesome. And nice riding and hanging out with you JoePAz!

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Recreation Soil Mountain bike Mountain range Outdoor recreation

Wheel Bicycle frame Sports equipment Helmet Bicycle helmet

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Soil Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Where is your Podium picture Rockman? The Legend! Great seeing you out there.

Yes I second everything Rockman said. Great event and lots of fun! I do have to say Enduro is tough. It takes some serious skills and some good legs to do well. XC racing legs are good, but Enduro legs are different. You need to be much more explosive with the power. It is full gas and rest when your dead!

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Where is your Podium picture Rockman? The Legend! Great seeing you out there.

Yes I second everything Rockman said. Great event and lots of fun! I do have to say Enduro is tough. It takes some serious skills and some good legs to do well. XC racing legs are good, but Enduro legs are different. You need to be much more explosive with the power. It is full gas and rest when your dead!
Don't overamp into corners and then scrub that speed, don't brake, and sprint all the time. Explosive power is spot on, especially out of corners. I left some time on the course especially in stage 1 but overall not much and still quite happy to finish 57th overall out of a field of 133 as the 2nd oldest competitor. Even the Masters class is competitive with the top 6 or 7 all within a min or two.

Amazing how fast the Pros and some of the other riders are. Can't say I really want to ride any faster or push my heart rate any higher but sure is fun to pin those trails without killing other users.

Tent Shade Canopy Soil Banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.