Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ben Webster and I am currently working the Titus email and phone lines and whatever else needs done. I wanted to introduce myself to the fine people of the Titus forums.

I have been with Titus since 2003 and have a fair bit of knowledge about the brand and models. I was hired by Mr. Cocalis and have some experience of doing a little bit of everything. I will be checking in regularly, so if there are any questions you have for me, drop them here and I will to get to them.

I will tell you now that we are working hard to get the brand moving past the problems of last year. We have a lot of ideas for new models and current model improvements. We are not going away but I think only getting better. We are hearing and seeing what people are asking for and wanting from us and we are taking a lot of it into consideration.

Many of you know that it is Titus's 20th year anniversary. We want to celebrate this achievement. Be looking for the Titus heritage to be celebrated.

Also be sure to hassle Shiggy into coming to your town. He will be out with the demos and we hope to have his appearance schedule posted on the website shortly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi BEN!!! Where ya BEEN?

Hey Ben, I have been hoping to catch up with you! Been missing you at the races. Glad you are still with Titus!! I am still rocking the XCarbon and Titus kit and loving it. I do have a timely question, as you were the first person I thought of when thinking who to ask, but didn't have your # or email!! I want to go 2X, XTR crankset and was hoping to get the correct Qfactor...which one would I need for a 42/30?? Hope you are doing well. Still in PHX??? You riding? Thanks a lot for posting here. I was totally bummed when I read the news re: Titus, but am hopeful now that Shiggy/On One have stepped up to carry on. Would hate to have to race another brand.........
Thanks (and to BikerBob too!)
John Sawasky

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No longer flying the AZ flag

John,

I am no longer in the PHX. I migrated with the bikes. I am in southern Oregon getting a little taste of FLG weather. It's good to see that you are still flying the Titus banner out on the MBAA circuit. I have got some cross/road rides in here. The trails are covered in snow but will definitely be getting on the Ashland trails soon. Tell grandpa and everyone on the start line I said what's up.

For the cranks, if you get anything with a 165 om more Q factor you will be clear. This is the same q factor that we recommend in the XX and other Sram cranks as well.

(650)-2845563 is the new Titus direct line. Hit me up for anything you need. If you and the fam are looking for a vacation in the summer months you should think about a roady up here. I will show you around and there are some great races going on.

Good to hear from you.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Glad o hear we have another "inside man" on the job. Still happy with me EG (more than happpy really) so don't let the engineers go to crazy if they decide to make some changes.

Thanks for the heads up and keep the ball rolling for us.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good for you and the family, Ben! You had a major change of scenery...for the better! You will just have to adapt to the weather now that it is a bit more Flagstaff-like! You just had a major upgrade in the 'cross scene too, you lucky dog. Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated. And for anyone else reading this, Ben has been with Tituts, working and racing for a long time, and has always been super helpful and easy to deal with. For selfish reasons I am sad to see him leave the state, but having Ben in OR will help greatly with the transition.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
x2

terrible said:
Glad o hear we have another "inside man" on the job. Still happy with me EG (more than happpy really) so don't let the engineers go to crazy if they decide to make some changes.

Thanks for the heads up and keep the ball rolling for us.
More than happy here. .and waiting for teaser post on the next EG.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Teasers

I think we have a great stable of steeds.

That being said there is always something that can be done to improve or adapt each model. We have ideas for all them. Some will come sooner than others.

I have been asked quite a bit about TI production. I can tell you that TI is in the future.

The El Guapo will get *&^%&% and will have $#@^&%$ added as well.

The FTM will get a (*&^%$%$#^^ and will run %$#@%^&*&^.

Cheers

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Hi Ben....is it fair to say that there are probably no more spare parts left for Racer-X and Motolite models?????

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spare parts

TiEndo said:
Hi Ben....is it fair to say that there are probably no more spare parts left for Racer-X and Motolite models?????
In terms of spare parts for the Racer X and Moto Lite, the most important item that we do not have available at the moment is the seat stays for both.

The spare parts that we do have currently for those models are:
Racer X- chain stay, carbon rockers, bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals
Moto Lite- chain stay, carbon rockers for sm/xs (carbon rockers for md/lg are on order and should be here with in the month), bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals

In April of 2010 there was a PO submitted to the factory that produces the seat stays for us. They were made but could not be paid for. They remain there at the factory and are being used as a bargaining chip against Planet X/On One for unpaid balances remaining from the previous company.

As I have pointed out we have tried repeatedly to purchase these parts in the past few months and have made no headway with them. We will continue to negotiate with them to get the seat stays. I wish I had a more firm time line than this but for now this is all the information I have.

We are trying our best to support as many current Titus riders as possible, now and in the future. We will support all the frames that we are selling now with either the parts that are needed or a comparable model. Hope this gives a good idea of the support for the Racer X and Moto Lite frames.

Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
TitusBen said:
In terms of spare parts for the Racer X and Moto Lite, the most important item that we do not have available at the moment is the seat stays for both.

The spare parts that we do have currently for those models are:
Racer X- chain stay, carbon rockers, bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals
Moto Lite- chain stay, carbon rockers for sm/xs (carbon rockers for md/lg are on order and should be here with in the month), bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals

In April of 2010 there was a PO submitted to the factory that produces the seat stays for us. They were made but could not be paid for. They remain there at the factory and are being used as a bargaining chip against Planet X/On One for unpaid balances remaining from the previous company.

As I have pointed out we have tried repeatedly to purchase these parts in the past few months and have made no headway with them. We will continue to negotiate with them to get the seat stays. I wish I had a more firm time line than this but for now this is all the information I have.

We are trying our best to support as many current Titus riders as possible, now and in the future. We will support all the frames that we are selling now with either the parts that are needed or a comparable model. Hope this gives a good idea of the support for the Racer X and Moto Lite frames.

Cheers
I can use a rocker arm replacement for my 05 Medium motolite.

·
searcher
874 Posts
TitusBen said:
I think we have a great stable of steeds.

That being said there is always something that can be done to improve or adapt each model. We have ideas for all them. Some will come sooner than others.

I have been asked quite a bit about TI production. I can tell you that TI is in the future.

The El Guapo will get *&^%&% and will have $#@^&%$ added as well.

The FTM will get a (*&^%$%$#^^ and will run %$#@%^&*&^.

Cheers
That sounds interesting! Exactly what you should do! :thumbsup: :D :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice to hear from you Ben! Glad to see that Titus is still being taken cared of. Can't wait to see what the future holds! Lots of loyal Titus users here in the Philippines! Can't wait for more ti!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to post up some information. I am fairly new to Titus and had bought an EG last year over a comparably priced Spec Enduro. I LOVE MY BIKE! and hope that the parts will be available to keep it rolling down the road. If that's the case then I look forward to my next Titus frame upgrade.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Colddiver98 said:
Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to post up some information. I am fairly new to Titus and had bought an EG last year over a comparably priced Spec Enduro. I LOVE MY BIKE! and hope that the parts will be available to keep it rolling down the road. If that's the case then I look forward to my next Titus frame upgrade.
It is good to have you in the Family.

We are working hard to keep the support going for all the bikes.

Just let me know when you are ready for your upgrade.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Ben !
You said that you migrated wih the bikes to the Southern Oregon. If I well understand, the Titus Headquarters also left Phoenix , right ?
And another question, does the titanium frames will always be made in USA or somewhere else ?

A french Titus owner :thumbsup:

French Titus official topic :
http://forum.velovert.com/topic/8650...el/page__st__0

;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.