Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for the moment you have all been waiting for...details on the slopestyle bike! "The Porter" is about as close to an exact replica to the complete bike that Eric Porter rides. We most all the same parts he uses on his own bike. Yes, it's expensive! But like good wine and fast cars, most of the finer things in life are expensive.

This bike rocks. The pics don't do it justice at all!

I'll caution ya'll that we ordered VERY limited quantities of these. If you want one, talk to your local dealer. We haven't released too much info on this bike yet, so they might look at you like they don't know what you mean. Just have them give us a call if they are confused.

Enjoy!

"The Porter"

Frame: Porter Team Replica Slope Style Specific Jump frame
Fork: FOX 36 Float RC2 Custom Travel and Height for Haro
Rear Shock: Fox Float R
Color: Smurfy Blue
Crankset & Bottom Bracket: Gravity Gap Mega EXO
Front Derailleur: Gravity Chain Guide with PC Bash
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT Shadow
Freewheel: Shimano HG 61 11-28t 9 speed
Pedals: Pivit Featherlite CNC Thin Pedal
Handlebar & Stem: Gravity Riser bar / Gravity Gap stem
Shifters: Shimano Deore Right Only
Grips: Gravity Lock On
Seat/Seat Post: SDG OPatriot / SDG I-beam Micro Adjust
Hubset: Gravity Wheels
Front Rim/Rear Rim: Gravity Wheels
Front Tire/Rear Tire: Kenda Small Block 8 2.35 R / Kenda Nevegal 2.35 F
Front Brake/Rear Brake: Hayes Stroker Ryde w/ 160mm Rotors F/R
Levers: Hayes Stroker Ryde

MSRP: about $3,350

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the way the bike looks. It looks like it can git-r-done!!! What is exactly a slope style bike? It looks like it might be a DJ with suspension. Is it okay for DH or XC? How much does it weigh? Help me out here!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
JILL- I love what Haro offers in their bike line-up, but when are you guys going to offer a full suspension 29er? I just had to defect to another brand. Building up an Astrix Monk as an all mountain FS 29er. If Haro offered one I'm pretty sure I would have bought it or at the least highly considered it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Medboy said:
I like the way the bike looks. It looks like it can git-r-done!!! What is exactly a slope style bike? It looks like it might be a DJ with suspension. Is it okay for DH or XC? How much does it weigh? Help me out here!!!
This bike was designed specifically for Porter and Phil Sundbaum to compete on at slopestyle events like Crankworx, etc. It's sort of like a full-suspension DJ bike that's also suitable for dual slalom/4X and stuff like that. It would also be a good bike for DH on courses that aren't super technical and/or have a lot of jumps on them (like Sea Otter). Not a XC bike...geometry is all wrong for that.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dazed said:
Looks good! Any data on geometry, travel and shock/fork dimensions?
Fork travel is 100mm. Frame travel is 4.5".

Here's some of the geometry highlights:

Head angle: 67 deg
Seat Angle: 73.5 deg
Top tube length: 22.4" on the short size, 23.3" on the long size
Chainstay: 17"
Wheelbase: 43.4" on the 15" short, 44.5" on the 15" long
Standover: 30"

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dragbike said:
JILL- I love what Haro offers in their bike line-up, but when are you guys going to offer a full suspension 29er? I just had to defect to another brand. Building up an Astrix Monk as an all mountain FS 29er. If Haro offered one I'm pretty sure I would have bought it or at the least highly considered it.
Nope...no plans in the near future.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I saw this on the FB, working out of town no interweb mon-thurs..........

Hmmmm even blue ...... :thumbsup:

I'll be talking to WMM soon....... and training a schit-load of dogs but hey hunting season is right around the corner. :)

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
cascaderider9 said:
I saw this on the FB, working out of town no interweb mon-thurs..........

Hmmmm even blue ...... :thumbsup:

I'll be talking to WMM soon....... and training a schit-load of dogs but hey hunting season is right around the corner. :)
:lol: You dont miss much even on the road bro. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.