Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
*Hotter than Hell*
710 Posts
OrBikbldr said:
wow, wow wow!

THat is amazing.

I am wondering what the "#35" means though. Sorry if it is a stupid question, but I have wondered about this for a bit, but never think to ask.
35th one made in the series.
like serial #00035

·
NJ_TX_KY Nomad
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Commemoration of Phil Wood's 35th Anniversary

The "35" commemorates Phil Wood's 35th Anniversary. I'm not sure if Brent had 34 others made or not. The original run of 32 PISS Offs were to commemorate the 32nd anniversary and I also have #31 but it is a 26er. I wasn't as smart back then as I am now!!! This was Neville's original #35 but it wasn't quite his size so he is having another one made which is also supposed to be #35 unless Neville changes his mind. About that fork.... I was originally going to have a Ti stiffy made for it but couldn't decide who I should bet to make it. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
PISS Off #31 said:
About that fork.... I was originally going to have a Ti stiffy made for it but couldn't decide who I should bet to make it. Anyone have any recommendations?
You may want to consider one made by James of BlackSheep. He is making the sexiest forks going IMNSHO.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
PISS Off #31 said:
...About that fork.... I was originally going to have a Ti stiffy made for it but couldn't decide who I should bet to make it. Anyone have any recommendations?
The Blacksheep Ti forks look very spiff. i have one on my wish list for my Chester.

·
NJ_TX_KY Nomad
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A little

I do feel a little bit guilty about the ck's but I have been a VERY loyal PW customer for years and years and really wanted a set of the ck's. Nearly every bike I own has PW hubs and BBs on them. I bought the set of ck's in the interest of supporting breast cancer before I had decided which frame I would be putting them on. When Neville's #35 came available, I couldn't pass it up and talked to Brent about what I was doing and he was ok with it. Also, the wheels are built with PW spokes!!!

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
also a loyal pw guy

PISS Off #31 said:
I do feel a little bit guilty about the ck's but I have been a VERY loyal PW customer for years and years and really wanted a set of the ck's. Nearly every bike I own has PW hubs and BBs on them. I bought the set of ck's in the interest of supporting breast cancer before I had decided which frame I would be putting them on. When Neville's #35 came available, I couldn't pass it up and talked to Brent about what I was doing and he was ok with it. Also, the wheels are built with PW spokes!!!
i purchased some pretty and strong stuff myself,phils on all my stuff as well.if brent says ok than all is forgiven.p.s im sooo jealus

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looking Good

I first came up with the idea for #35 about 7 months ago, and damn now you have one and I'm still waiting.
I am glad that it went to a good home.
Now I have to come up with a # change.
All the best.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts