Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First is an '07 Cannondale Caffeine 29'er, completely stock, just added bar ends. First 29'er and first Lefty I've had and so far, I'm pretty pleased with it. Took it out for its maiden voyage yesterday at Trail 100 with azdog. I'm used to a long travel bike, so a hardtail with 80mm of travel really beat me up. But this bike is a rocket and will climb up and over anything. Its a bit portly (30lbs stock) but its a lightweight to me. Big thanks to Slippery Pig Bikes.

Second bike is the reincarnation of my Xtracycle. The first pic shows the original build, a Kona Smoke frame with a singlespeed drivetrain. I rebuilt it using an '07 Cannondale Caffeine 3 stock bike and added Mavic Speedcity wheels, 35C Ritchey CX Tires, and 8" Avid discs. The new setup is much stiffer and a whole lot faster. Orange crush! Big thanks to Bicycle Ranch for the bike and the Niterider commuter light.

See y'all out on the trails...

Attachments

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,353 Posts
The Caffeine definitely pounded up the climbs at will. Good ride yesterday besides my nagging injury:eek: On a side note, the platform on the commuters looks perfect for a 30 pack.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, its a rocket. I'm riding it in to work today, let's see what happens.
The Xtracycle loves to haul beer.

FATTRAX, thanks for the compliment. There is something to the 29'er hype, the bike is just plain fast.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already junked the stock saddle on the 29'er. Have a WTB on the way. Started creaking really bad on the first ride.
Rode in to work, this thing loves the road as much as the trails.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.