Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking here for awhile now, so I figured I'd better join in the fun and start contributing.
My name is Rick, I ride a 2007 S-WORKS STUMPY and I usually hang out at Hawes or SOMO. I live right by Papago so I hit that for my weekday work-out rides.
My other passions are photography and rattlesnakes....
[pic][/pic]

Santa Brought me GOPRO camera this year. :thumbsup:

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Merost said:
With a hobby like rattlesnakes, have you ever been bitten?
If you ride a mountain bike long enough- you WILL crash.
The same goes with rattlesnakes.

A few years ago, I was bitten while photographing a banded rock rattlesnake

Bite doesn't look like much does it ?

This is what $9700 in antivenin looks like:

I ENDED UP BUYING 7 OF THOSE and spent 6 days in ICU.

To put it into perspective-
I've never seriously injured myself while riding but when I do, I'll heal up and keep riding because I love it.
I have that same love for rattlesnakes !

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
raisingarizona said:
Good footage and an awesome song! Who is that? Really one of the funniest songs I have ever heard. Thanks for posting, come up to Flag and ride this spring.
I've only riden Flag once but when it warms up, I'd love to come up and ride again !

The artist is Jon Lajoie

His videos are hilarious !

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
DurtGurl said:
Welcome Rick! A good sense of humor will go a long way on here... that song is hilarious and a good choice for your "introduction". See you on the trails :)
I look forward to meeting you out there !

My girl, Lucky told me to say " what up" to Boojum and Joopiter !

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/azpictures/3694087140/" title="DSC07161copy by Rick Gravesen, on Flickr">
</a[/img]

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice vid and welcome!

The wife and I love Jon Lajoie and if you like that- check out Asher Roth- another funny rapper/satirist.

Like the video perspective to on the GoPro- made me feel like I was riding a wheelie the whole way!

·
Where the tree roots at?
44 Posts
^ Haha, I felt the same way. I actually took the time to do a google search on GoPro and was on the site for a half an hour drooling over their cameras. I might have to look into getting one some day. Pretty cool stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.