Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
New here so just wanted to say HI.
I have been road riding for about 6 years and started riding trails about a year ago.
Would love to ride more but it seems every time I take my roadie friends out, they end up hurt.

So. I am always looking for folks to ride with.
I live on the peninsula and love the dog for mid-week escapes, and have recently survived my first ride at Skeggs, among other local trails.

But as a relative newbie, I am not THAT strong. (not terrible... moderately strong due to several years on a road bike, and reasonably adventurous) so would prefer some smaller group rides while I get my strength and confidence up.

Anyhow... you guys are awesome, and make me laugh. So hopefully we can get out and get muddy sometime soon.

Cheers
Heather

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Welcome Heather! Tons of options here. Get yourself added to the Passion Trail Bikes distribution list (passiontrailbikes.com). Check here. Peeps are always posting ride ops here.

Cheers,

Michael

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
ATBScott has a group that rides on Sundays. PM me and I'll get you on into the Google group. The group is comprised of all ages & skill levels. We ride lots of spots in the Bay Area and beyond (UCSC, Annadel) No one gets left behind and we always have burritos and beer after each ride.

BTCEB has a monthly Gala ride if you ever want to venture to the East Bay. Not the most exciting riding but you'll meet some cool folks. The rides are on their calendar (www.btceb.org)

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Yeah, if you make it up here...

msrutzie said:
ATBScott has a group that rides on Sundays. PM me and I'll get you on into the Google group. The group is comprised of all ages & skill levels. We ride lots of spots in the Bay Area and beyond (UCSC, Annadel) No one gets left behind and we always have burritos and beer after each ride.

BTCEB has a monthly Gala ride if you ever want to venture to the East Bay. Not the most exciting riding but you'll meet some cool folks. The rides are on their calendar (www.btceb.org)
I seem to ride regularly at China Camp and Tamarancho on Saturday mornings on a regular basis lately.... sometimes southern marin. Sometimes others join me, sometimes I go alone. I have a busy wife and a kid, so I mostly get out for half-day rides... like I try to be back by 1 or 2.

I live in Oakland, and the folks I tend to ride with live around here as well. If you can make it this far, we can all carpool over to Marin.

We tend to do mellow pace, fun rides. No real hammerfests. Some mildly techy stuff, but really intermediate level rides.

PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the feedback
yup, already on passion's list, I've been out on a few rides with them - great group.

msrutzie and pimpbot - may definitely take you up on the other ideas as well.
cool.
thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
dirtyskirt said:
Hi there.

So. I am always looking for folks to ride with.
I live on the peninsula and love the dog for mid-week escapes, and have recently survived my first ride at Skeggs, among other local trails.

But as a relative newbie, I am not THAT strong. (not terrible... moderately strong due to several years on a road bike, and reasonably adventurous) so would prefer some smaller group rides while I get my strength and confidence up.
Welcome. I live up on Skyline and ride the trails from Purissima Creek (north) to Saratoga gap (south) pretty much daily, either alone, with my kids or riders I just run in on the trails. Drop me a note if one day you feel like riding but don't have a group to hand out with.

Happy trails.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
What time do you normally get out to ride the 'dog on weekdays? I try to do at least 1 weekday ride (but with the rains, who knows) and get to the park around 3:10 (after work). It's just enough time (during the winter anyways) to do 1 "big" loop and another smaller one.

I usually ride with 2-3 other guys but sometimes our schedules conflict. If you need a group for midweek rides and the time works out, just PM me whatever day (usually it's Wed for some odd reason though).

Disclaimer: We're not the hammering type.....I would say our skill level is above intermediate (ride places like Skeggs, Demo, UCSC, dog of course), but don't be intimidated....we are pretty casual about our riding and are a very lax group and just like to have fun when riding.

Have fun! It's much better than road biking :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Weekly Water Dog Rides

We are a small group that ride Water Dog weekly. I'm a beginner, two guys are roadies, with a mix of beginners and advanced riders. During the week, we do night runs and maybe one ride on the weekends. PM if interested to be on the e-mail distribution list.
Happy New Year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.