Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! From Mpls/ St. Paul Here. New here and still fairly new to the sport. Been riding some easy singletracks a few times a month over the summer for about three years now and just starting to get more into it. My Walgoose heavy fat pig FS bike was stolen a couple weeks ago (sucker :lol: ) so I bought an Ironhorse Maverick 1.2. My "passion" is snowboarding but as I started getting {cough} older, I found I needed to do something to stay loose in the off season and the allergy med companies love me for it, I might try for a sponsorship? Ill be looking to upgrade as I break things but even on the walgoose I only managed to bend two rear wheels and snap off a rear der in the three years a abused it.
BTW: Those of you with allergies... best remedies for riding?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Glad to hear that you're loving it BV.

Only cure for allergies that works for me is drugs - nasal spray or tablets.

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
Claritin, I had horrible allergies before I started taking these. I start the second the grass starts growing in the spring and it keeps me in the game. It's not a fix all, nose still gets a bit stuffy, but it keeps my eyes from getting too itchy. Glad your loving the riding, sorry the bike got stolen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hahahaha..
about alergies... umm hold your breath till winter???

what the huck is a walgoose?

im guessing a walgoose is a bad bike from a department store?

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Have you been out to Lebenon Hills? When I left M/SP {cough} 8 years ago, that was one of the best trails to ride. I've heard that it's gone through some serious changes since then. Your Maverick should hold until you develop your riding skills and figure what kind of riding yo want to do. By then you'll know what type of bike to upgrade to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts