Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new I-11 proposed route shows plans the go right through the west end of FINS. The interactive map shows other possible routes but looks like the route in Blue is the more preferred.
https://i11-viewer.hdrgateway.com/

Curious if anyone else has seen this or heard if maybe the West Valley Trail Alliance is working on fighting this?
Bums me out all the open desert and there wanting to cut into a really cool trail system.

·
Registered
132 Posts
From the West Valley Trail Alliance fb page: "This has been in the works for a long time. The alignment is essentially Rainbow. The comments were open about a month or so ago.
If they open again we will at least voice our opinion. Certainly an uphill battle."

Pirates and Fins are on private property. Trail Builders knew that houses /etc could be built over the trails

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Wasn’t FINS north initially built illegally that the developer tried to shut down. Till they gave up and decided it might be marketable.

Sounds like you guys had a good run.

PS. Can anyone tell me why the FINS name was used? Always seem odd to me to use an existing trail system name

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.