Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....so I have a bike in a box in LA that I'd like to get freighted to New Zealand....I'm not travelling with it. Anyone got any clever suggestions as to freight forward options, please? The likes of Bike Flights etc are just too expensive.....
Thanks

· Registered
281 Posts
I'm based in Australia and ship a lot of smaller/medium sized items out from the USA using Stackry. They are based out of New Hampshire, and are very professional and reliable. Not sure what it would cost to ship a bike but they have a shipping calculator, so I would check it out.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cost will be more than a plane ticket. Take a trip.
Yeah, I'd love to, but I wouldn't get back into NZ until who knows when.......pretty locked down here due to Covid, with very limited opportunities to return due to tight rationing of spots in mandatory 14 day isolation in Govt managed facility on entry to the country!

· All fat, all the time.
11,121 Posts
Yeah, I'd love to, but I wouldn't get back into NZ until who knows when.......pretty locked down here due to Covid, with very limited opportunities to return due to tight rationing of spots in mandatory 14 day isolation in Govt managed facility on entry to the country!
Ahh freedom!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· CEO Product Failure
2,410 Posts
Do you have access to a corporate DHL or FedEx account? Corporate shipping rates are usually more affordable than typical walk-in (retail) rates.

Second option: ask the recipient if they have any suggestions. Perhaps the recipient has friends/family traveling to NZ who are able to check the bike on their return trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.