Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An IC3 Club ride is scheduled for this Saturday at Walker Ranch. Due to the technical and physical nature of the trail it is not recommended for Beginners. Ride starts at 9 a.m. but see below for car pooling information. If you'd like to be added to the IC3 mailing list send me a private message.

Visit the following link to see the season schedule:
http://www.teamironclad.blogspot.com/

Walker Ranch Boulder (Intermediate-Expert)

An old forest road and single track with climbing and technical sections. Beautiful scenery.

Directions: Take Hwy 36 to Boulder. Exit on Baseline Road. Go west on Baseline (towards mountains).

Go up and over Flagstaff Mountain (steep, curves, watch for fellow riders). Descend back-side of Flagstaff Mountain and turn left into Walker Ranch trailhead parking lot (it is located at a sweeping right-hand turn). Follow dirt road for 1/4 mile. Meet in upper parking lot.

Alternate route: Meet at the Jefferson County Courthouse Parking lot just north of 6th Ave and Johnson Road at 8AM (South side of the complex) to carpool. We will leave Jeffco Courthouse complex at 8:15AM. Take 6th Ave West to highway 93 and follow it north to Boulder to Baseline Road. Go west on Baseline (towards the mountains)

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
On that note, I recently ate some deviled eggs before riding at Devil's Backone and then watched a hockey game on tv fearuring Miroslav Satan. I later had some devil's foodcake for desert. MMMMM. Evil.

·
Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!
108 Posts
Pabs said:
On that note, I recently ate some deviled eggs before riding at Devil's Backone and then watched a hockey game on tv fearuring Miroslav Satan. I later had some devil's foodcake for desert. MMMMM. Evil.
Amazingly clever! Mind if I use that some time? I'll be sure to give you credit.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,460 Posts
Hold on just a minute...

People are going to MEET in Jefferson County and drive to BOULDER to mountain bike??? I'm pretty sure that's one of the first signs of Armageddon... :skep:

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
lusdawg said:
Amazingly clever! Mind if I use that some time? I'll be sure to give you credit.
You can PM me so you can forward royalty payments to me. :D

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
Hold on just a minute...

People are going to MEET in Jefferson County and drive to BOULDER to mountain bike??? I'm pretty sure that's one of the first signs of Armageddon... :skep:
It's just like that South Park episode where they eat through their butts.

Look, the four horsemen! Run!

·
Registered
112 Posts
So how does Christian cycling differ from regular cycling? Also why do Christians feel the need to do everything to start a Christian club for everything they do, i.e. 4 wheeling, skiing, biking, surfing etc. Are you afraid normal people will through off your world view?

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
will.s said:
So how does Christian cycling differ from regular cycling? Also why do Christians feel the need to do everything to start a Christian club for everything they do, i.e. 4 wheeling, skiing, biking, surfing etc. Are you afraid normal people will through off your world view?
Why does everyone have to question others faith?

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
will.s said:
it's called recruiting.

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
lidarman said:
I was hoping to hit up the Fundamentalist Islamic ride but I don't know what trail they will be bombing down. :(
That's easy ... Apex.

_MK

(who would have thought all the DHers are Muslim)

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
will.s said:
Because they're just a group of folks who have one thing in common and are looking to share another they might have in common. It's no different than any other group event. Companies have softball teams, female riders have woman only rides, and bike shops have group rides. Does that mean that companies fear competitor companies playing on the same team as the employees? That female riders feel that a male presence may make other women seek sex changes? Does it mean that bike shops fear you as a customer will venture to another shop if they don't provide some form of extra entertainment or service? Probably not.

If you are opposed to the concept of group activities, such a Christian Mountain Bike Group, don't join. I won't be because we probably don't share a lot beyond a common hobby, but I don't know that questioning their motives is in any way constructive. In fact, it's probably the opposite.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
will.s said:
So how does Christian cycling differ from regular cycling?
Not sure what you're getting at here but it differs insofar as it organized by people that profess the Christian faith. This is analogous to a women's cycling club involving women. The distinction between the two is a common faith versus a common gender. Does that help?

will.s said:
Also why do Christians feel the need to do everything to start a Christian club for everything they do, i.e. 4 wheeling, skiing, biking, surfing etc. Are you afraid normal people will through off your world view?
I cannot speak for Christians as a whole as there are a lot of varying beliefs among those that call themselves Christians. I can speak for myself though. All of your examples pertain to recreational activities. There is certainly more to life than recreation. For instance, I work at a non-Christian place, watch non-Christian movies, read non-Christian news reports and opinions, and listen to and interact with non-Christians regularly. Last Saturday I rode Hall Ranch with a normal non-Christian co-worker. That said, I am always leary of deviating from the biblical representation of my faith. I've done that a lot over the years and it has not proved to be helpful. If you'd like some gory details feel free to send me a private message and we can have a dialog by some other means.

Lastly, I think a basic understanding of human psychology explains why it is beneficial for Christians to hang out with others sharing similar beliefs. Presumably women feel the need to have women's cycling clubs for similar reasons. There is certainly a spiritual component as well.

What about you? Are you open to having your world view challenged by joining me at church Sunday?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.